Changed My Mind About Cruises- 6/12/05 Dawn Review

crusingsquid

Yes, I guess I have a severe case of it. Believe me, I really didn't think I was going to catch it.

One funny thing was, how much I enjoyed just sailing ..the day at sea. That was the day we were worried out. It turns out, I didn't feel really trapped and really enjoyed it. Someone on this board said, they didn't cruise for the ports but rather the ship and sailing part of it. I thought it would be just the opposite. But to my suprise, I kind-of get it now. Sailing and being on the ship is just as much fun as the ports they sail to. It really suprised me!:eek:

Thanks for the kind words.

crusingsquid

GREAT review!:)

I, too, never thought I would catch the "cruising bug" Now, I can't stop!

I also agree that I thought that I would want to get off of the ship at every port....I really did not want to leave the ship!

Enjoy planning your next cruise:)

Thank you. If any one has any tips on any other great cruises out of New York in the Springtime, I would love to hear them. I think the NCL Star is going to the carribbean. Does anyone know how that compares to the Dawn and to the Dawn's crew?

CruisingSquid......my wife and I were also on that cruise and couldn't agree more. We were on our honeymoon and it was the first cruise for both of us. We can't imagine not cruising for all of our vacations now, and we can't imagine not taking the Dawn. Our experience was incredible. I posted photos you may like on our site, http://www.mikelynaugh.com/wedding/Honeymoon/index1.html I have a really cool one of that thunderstorm as we were leaving Nassau. Check out our pics, and I hope you can post yours. We were in cabin 11118 and it was amazing....the balcony was great. We didn't see the water spout, but we did see a dolphin that last Saturday at sea! Thanks for your experiences, it's cool reading about others that were on the same cruise and enjoyed it just as much!

Mike

Thank you. If any one has any tips on any other great cruises out of New York in the Springtime, I would love to hear them. I think the NCL Star is going to the carribbean. Does anyone know how that compares to the Dawn and to the Dawn's crew?

I don't know about the Star but the Dawn is doing TEN day out of NY/Eastern and Western Caribbeans in Feb., and the Spriit is doing TEN day Southern Caribbean also in Feb.

Since my kids are grown, I look for the NOT spring break times.

Good luck with your search:)

CruisingSquid......my wife and I were also on that cruise and couldn't agree more. We were on our honeymoon and it was the first cruise for both of us. We can't imagine not cruising for all of our vacations now' date=' and we can't imagine not taking the Dawn. Our experience was incredible. I posted photos you may like on our site, http://www.mikelynaugh.com/wedding/Honeymoon/index1.html I have a really cool one of that thunderstorm as we were leaving Nassau. Check out our pics, and I hope you can post yours. We were in cabin 11118 and it was amazing....the balcony was great. We didn't see the water spout, but we did see a dolphin that last Saturday at sea! Thanks for your experiences, it's cool reading about others that were on the same cruise and enjoyed it just as much!

Mike

OK, Mike, you two are just as adorable on this thread!

But, I forgot to say "congratulations" and "lots of luck" on the other thread!

Wishing you many years of love, happiness and laughter!

We cruised for the first time on our 27th anniversary....wish we had cruised way before then!

If I were you, I would celebrate EVERY anniversary on a cruise.

What a way to celebrate:)

Mike

Great pictures. Thank you for posting them.

Cosmo... I agree... what a wonderful way to spend a anniversary... a birthday...the first day of spring...the first day of winter.... Fouth of July....:D

Seriously i wish I started to cruise earlier to.

marie

Yup..."too soon old and too late smart" as my mom used to say!

There's no stopping me now:) !

I see you have an October on the Dawn! Good for you! We have a September on the Jewel and I am now looking at the Dawn or Spirit for Feb. 2006. I can't get off of the Jewel without another cruise planned!

DH thinks I have gone "over the edge". Maybe I have?!?!?

We will be in Falmouth in July for a wedding at the Seacrest! Small world!

Please..I need no humidity with my hair!;) Any help you can give!

Enjoy your Oct., cruise...I know you will.

Cosmopolitan- Thanks for the tips. Will go on line and check your tips on the cruises you mentioned.

Ny'er Mike- Congrats on your wedding. I agree that it is so much fun to read the reviews especially from the people who were on the same trip as you. I also read your review. Im glad you had a great time. I think we had a great bunch of cruisers on our trip. Like I said in my review, everyone was friendly towards each other. It's kinda fun to read the reviews of the cruise after ours .. the 6/19 cruise to see how it compared. Check out some of those reviews.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful and beautiful pictures! I have very few of GSC. so it was nice to see some more of them. The colors of the water was so incredible . It showed so well in the pictures. Did you do anything to the color or is that how beautiful the pictures came out?

I missed the vegetable carving. So it was great to see some pictures of what I missed. I did, however, go to the animal towel folding demo... and saw the ice carving demo... pretty need what you can make out of some bath & hand towels and a block of ice!!!!

Nice picture of that cool thunderstorm! That was fun to hear and watch. I was looking throughout the whole trip to see a dolphin, manatee or something of that nature in the water while we at sea. Im glad you at least got to see one. Something to look forward to the next time. We did have great weather! That was surely a big plus! :)

Thanks for emailing... and congrats again!

Crusingsquid,

Thanks for the nice words.....nope, I didn't do anything to adjust the photos, that's how they came out. It is amazing how beautiful it was....we really had perfect weather!

Mike

Cosmo

There is no stopping me now either. ;) Too easy to get addicted and thats an addiction that I will not give up. lol

The Jewel looks beautiful. Can not wait to here a review. I have cruised on the Dawn the last two Feb. and will probaly do a third. I have to have a cruise or two booked. Over the edge? Maybe but who cares. ;) Life is tooooooo short.

the Cape is nice. Have a great time at the wedding. Don't worry about the hair it is always cooler at the cape.

I will have a great time in OCt and I am sure you will have a blast on the Jewel and who knows maybe we will be on the same cruise in Feb.

marie

Archived