Ultimate Beverage Package Breakaway

kelee2405

Dang...So they told my person it was not included...:confused:

You also had cocktails over $8.50 as well? If so this sounds like one will need to find a bar that is "generous".

Hi Tiffy. I signed up for the program on the day we sailed. I had to go up to deck 15 where the Waves Bar was. The bartender told me basically all drinks were ok as long as they didn't exceed the price limits set on the form you scanned for everyone. He told me that PLAIN martini's were ok but no flavored ones. I was able to use my room card for wine twice with the machine and I did NOT get charged. The portions the machine dispenses are small by the way. Overall I used the program ALOT, so I definitely saved money. Depending on how much you drink is where you need to figure. If you drink 7 drinks a day or more, you need the card. The charges will show up on your bill every day. On the last day of the cruise the charges disappear. If you allowed for an extra tip to the bartender that tip will remain. It's sort of like going to a wedding with an open bar that lasts 7 days. I'm still drying out, lol...:cool:

Hi Tiffy. I signed up for the program on the day we sailed. I had to go up to deck 15 where the Waves Bar was. The bartender told me basically all drinks were ok as long as they didn't exceed the price limits set on the form you scanned for everyone. He told me that PLAIN martini's were ok but no flavored ones. I was able to use my room card for wine twice with the machine and I did NOT get charged. The portions the machine dispenses are small by the way. Overall I used the program ALOT, so I definitely saved money. Depending on how much you drink is where you need to figure. If you drink 7 drinks a day or more, you need the card. The charges will show up on your bill every day. On the last day of the cruise the charges disappear. If you allowed for an extra tip to the bartender that tip will remain. It's sort of like going to a wedding with an open bar that lasts 7 days. I'm still drying out, lol...:cool:

Hi bobg,

It sounds like i will probably do it. I WILL drink my $400 worth..sshhhhh dont tell though...im a wine drinker and martini drinker..the vodka martinis. I try to stay away from the fruity ones for the extra calories:rolleyes: however, when i sailed the epic in december they made the meanest pina colada i ever had...the rum was just sitting on top..delish...oh i got hooked on those miami vice drinks too....i digress.lol but that is good to know about the martinis. Im not a beer drinker so that would not be an issue for me. So i can live without high end martinis ..Absolute is fine...

Drying out still????.. You got it in!!! Lol lol thanks for the info..you helped me make my decision:)

Edited by tiffygirl

Hi Tiffygirl. I have been away for a week or so since last week was very busy with Baccalaurate and Commencement and Tenure/Promotion, Board Meetings (I work in a small private college). SO, now that is all over, I can get to my planning :)

Did your friend enjoy the package and was glad she got it? I think SliceofLIfe took pictures of bar prices and it looks like what I drink would be ok although I only saw a "premium" margarita listed which was over $9 so would not be covered but hoping a "regular" margiarita would be covered. I plan on purchasing the package and hope by July all the kinks are worked out.

Can anyone else that has been on recently and had the package please chime in now and for future sailings.

Thanks so much!

One more thing I want to confirm:

When my dh and I purchase the UBP, it will be approximately $790.

We have OBC for $800 so when we use our Sign/Sail card to purchase, it will

be taken from our OBC, is this correct?

I know OBC cannot be used toward service gratutities but I just wanted to double check about the UBP and OBC.

THANKS!

Hi Tiffygirl. I have been away for a week or so since last week was very busy with Baccalaurate and Commencement and Tenure/Promotion, Board Meetings (I work in a small private college). SO, now that is all over, I can get to my planning :)

Did your friend enjoy the package and was glad she got it? I think SliceofLIfe took pictures of bar prices and it looks like what I drink would be ok although I only saw a "premium" margarita listed which was over $9 so would not be covered but hoping a "regular" margiarita would be covered. I plan on purchasing the package and hope by July all the kinks are worked out.

Can anyone else that has been on recently and had the package please chime in now and for future sailings.

Thanks so much!

Hey!!

yes, she was glad she got it. She is a wine drinker mainly so for her and hubby it worked out.

According to the UBP information that they gave her it were drinks less than $8.50...but computerworks (he was also on the same sailing) said that any drinks under $9.50. Now when we went through my friend reciepts she did have a few drinks (not wine) that was over $8.50 and that charged went under the UBP and not to her account. So that lets me to believe that $9.50 is the limit across the board.

Now if Computerworks got cocktails for over the $8.50 price point and it was covered on the UBP then we can know for sure.

My friend was specifically told the wine machines were not covered under UBP as she specifically asked they the bartender told her no. but computerworks said he used it and and it was under the UBP...

But after she added up all her bills they dranked more than the cost of the UBP for 2.

Is the only place to get the UBP on Deck 6 at Mixx Bar? Also confirming I can use my sign sail card so it is charged to my account so I can use my OBC. Thank you.

Is the only place to get the UBP on Deck 6 at Mixx Bar? Also confirming I can use my sign sail card so it is charged to my account so I can use my OBC. Thank you.

If you buy it on the ship it will purchased on your sail and sign card. so yes it will be deducted from your OBC. The only way to avoid that is to pay for it in advance through bon voyage gifts.

You can probably buy it out side of Garden cafe as well. Trust me they will be easy to find to purchase, they are going to looking for YOU. But I will ask her where she went to purchase hers.

Thank you.

I wish they would have let us know it could be purchased through Bon Voyage gifts since my mother specifically purchased my sister/her dh and my dh/me the OBC so we can purchase the UBP. It would have just as been easy to pay by CC and use the Bon Voyage gifts but either way as long as it takes from my sign/sail card on board then I can use the OBC for the package.

You are right, I am sure the package is displayed all over the ship.

I just wish we can finally find out exactly what mixed drinks are included.

I specifically want to know about:

Bloody Marys

Margarittas

Mojitios

Frozen daqueries and frozen pina coladas

Thanks so much!!!

$49 + 15% grat per person per day for the length of your cruise.

One week was about $394 per person. So $788 per couple

I haven't had a chance to look into this much more, but where do I purchase the UBP? My husband and I are planning on staying on the ship the whole time, relaxing and drinking :) This will be beneficial for us (as our honeymoon, we spent way more than the price per couple!)

Anyone know if you can get buckets of beer with the plan or do they have to be purchased one at a time?

From my extensive research since we are purchasing the plan lol is that buckets of beer are mot included. For some reason I thought I remembered reading there was a beer package but Ive never seen any other mention of it.

Ah well. I can deal. It'll be my boyfriend who is going up to the bar every 15 minutes for a new beer lol.

Just flag down a server. You may find a helpful one who will bring more then on beer at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I am still confused at what drinks will be included. I like the flavored martinis like the pom martinis etc.

Also- If I have 2 cabins and I am booked in one and hubby the other can 1 of us buy the plan?

I like the beer buckets as I love my beer on ice. I guess I can get 1 and 10m later get another and ask for a bucket with ice?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you have to purchase this for all days that you are on the boat or if you can purchase for just a select number of days?

Must be purchased for the full cruise, all days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

• 3 weeks later...