Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Fantastic pics and advice! Thank you.

I'm also having my first holiday cruise onboard the Sunshine on Friday.

Can I ask, was security scanning bags every port? My last cruise onboard Epic, for the first two ports, Naples and Livorno, they weren't scanning bags and we were able to take on a couple bottles wine for the room.

Thanks

Fantastic pics and advice! Thank you.

I'm also having my first holiday cruise onboard the Sunshine on Friday.

Can I ask, was security scanning bags every port? My last cruise onboard Epic, for the first two ports, Naples and Livorno, they weren't scanning bags and we were able to take on a couple bottles wine for the room.

Thanks

Thank you. They scan bags in every port but aren't looking for wine. We carried on wine in Marseille and Livorno and security didn't bat an eye. Especially in ports where Carnival is selling wine tours. Carnival is already making money off of the tour and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a commission off wine sales, too. They aren't losing money.

Hi, I am curious about 9 day cruise menus. I've seen 7 day ones, do you have anywhere posted the additional two days ones? I am curios which day I would like to skip the MDR and go to Asian and Italian places. Thanks.

Thank you. They scan bags in every port but aren't looking for wine. We carried on wine in Marseille and Livorno and security didn't bat an eye. Especially in ports where Carnival is selling wine tours. Carnival is already making money off of the tour and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a commission off wine sales, too. They aren't losing money.

Thank you. I know the NCL Epic would remove it until the end. We still spend a fortune on alcohol on ship, however, it's nice to sit on the balcony with a glass or two before dinner/entertainment.

Hi, I am curious about 9 day cruise menus. I've seen 7 day ones, do you have anywhere posted the additional two days ones? I am curios which day I would like to skip the MDR and go to Asian and Italian places. Thanks.

The 9 day menus are the 7 day menus plus 2 additional - menu 15 (includes New York Strip Steak) and menu 13 (includes Ribeye steak).

Thank you. I know the NCL Epic would remove it until the end. We still spend a fortune on alcohol on ship, however, it's nice to sit on the balcony with a glass or two before dinner/entertainment.

It shouldn't be a problem. You might have to get an extra ice bucket from your cabin steward if in one of the original staterooms. Only the new staterooms received minibars.

DSC_9180_Zyde.jpg

The weather had messed up the laying of the mini-golf turf - it has since been replaced and is open

DSC_9184_Zyde.jpg

In the morning, there are omelette stations with real eggs (and other stuff) at Ji Ji and Cucina. Also on Deck 5 at the Taste Bar. Plenty of places with litte or no waiting. :)

DSC_9185_Zyde.jpg

DSC_9188_Zyde.jpg

Archived