Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

We took 2 bottles on at Barcelona, then popped back out to duty free for another 2 walked back on with them in a carrier bag & no one even bothered.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll try to carry more than 1 and in the worse case they'll just keep it with them until the end of the cruise...

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll try to carry more than 1 and in the worse case they'll just keep it with them until the end of the cruise...

I doubt they will, but if so, have one to throw away. Give them the cheap bottle. ;) Or sit on a stoop and drink it. :D

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures --- just curious if you noticed any sewage smell on the Sunshine. We leave on the June 7th out of Barcelona

You're welcome. Absolutely no unpleasant smells. No list. No major complaints. And as I understand it, the main pool and mini-golf are open now.

Enjoy your cruise!

I doubt they will, but if so, have one to throw away. Give them the cheap bottle. ;) Or sit on a stoop and drink it. :D
Now that would be my solution to the 'problem'...:rolleyes::p

Hope I didn't spell 'stlrboo' wrong.. :D

So do you think we could carry on say, 4 bottles? Do we do this in hand or checked luggage? thanks :)

Don't start getting greedy. As we all know Carnival does read these boards even though they deny it.

Enforcement, or lack thereof, is the same in the different ports in Europe.

We carried on 1 bottle in Marseilles and 3 bottles in Livorno on this cruise, but have carried on in most ports.

That is not to say Carnival couldn't decide to change/enforce rules, but we have never tried to sneak anything and have never been questioned about it.

On the Destiny TA it was enforced and bottles were taken away folks so be warned. First time that had happened.

Thank you for the beautiful photos Bill and glad you both had a good time. Love the ones of the Cinque Terre and interesting that it is La Spezia instead of Livorno.

Don't start getting greedy. As we all know Carnival does read these boards even though they deny it.

On the Destiny TA it was enforced and bottles were taken away folks so be warned. First time that had happened.

Thank you for the beautiful photos Bill and glad you both had a good time. Love the ones of the Cinque Terre and interesting that it is La Spezia instead of Livorno.

On the Destiny TA I believe it. Think it will be different for the Sunshine TA, but there are no guarantees.

La Spezia was at least the 3rd port choice for that day. There had been two before including Genoa. After La Spezia we stopped in Livorno.

LOL I did! I thought the whole post to point fingers at you was silly.

My intent was to be silly. Sorry it wasn't clear. :)

But I shouldn't try to hijack a very informative and helpful thread. <--being serious, in case there is any doubt.

Archived