Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Hi, where is this & how do we get there, were on Sunshine in July/Aug & looking a a few beach destinations...

The beach is Fegina Beach in Moterosso (al Mare), part of Cinque Terre. From the La Spezia port you would take a train for about 20 minutes. I don't think that it would be a normal cruise passenger destination, but if one of your ports in La Spezia. You could also get to from Genoa or Livorno but would be longer.

Loving this review! Thanks again for taking the time to post all these photos :)

I thought of a few more questions for you...

What system do they have set up for the photo gallery? Is it still the same old system where they print out all the photos and you have to find your photo on the wall? Or have they upgraded to a digital system like I've seen on other cruise lines (swipe your card and facial recognition pulls up all the photos that you're in)

Now that the disco is located in the same room as the theater, do you know if they allow smoking? The theater used to be a non-smoking room, while I believe the disco did allow smoking, so I'm curious how they handled combining the two venues.

Silly question, but what language(s) did they use for the announcements? Just English, or other languages too (it was always super annoying to listen to every announcement in both English and then Spanish on my Southern Caribbean cruises out of Puerto Rico haha)

What kinds of locks are on the safes in the cabins? Is it a pin code, or swiping a magnetic strip?

Are there trays at the buffet? I'm going to assume not, but I can always hope for the best! haha

Does the light switch in the cabins have the thing that requires you to insert a room key for the lights to work? I heard they installed that on some of the newer ships.

Who was playing at the piano bar, and was he any good?

Sorry for all the random questions! It's just a few things I thought of :)

The beach is Fegina Beach in Moterosso (al Mare), part of Cinque Terre. From the La Spezia port you would take a train for about 20 minutes. I don't think that it would be a normal cruise passenger destination, but if one of your ports in La Spezia. You could also get to from Genoa or Livorno but would be longer.

Thanks, were going into Livorno will look into the distance, were from the UK on our 3rd med cruise so have done all the major destinations so just fancied a few beach days.

Can I also ask on the Breeze they had 2 US & a European socket, what about the Sunshine?

Thanks, were going into Livorno will look into the distance, were from the UK on our 3rd med cruise so have done all the major destinations so just fancied a few beach days.

Can I also ask on the Breeze they had 2 US & a European socket, what about the Sunshine?

The same. There is also an extra US socket next to where the TV plugs in.

oops - misspelled Monterosso

DSC_8580_Zyde.jpg

Loving this review! Thanks again for taking the time to post all these photos :)

I thought of a few more questions for you...

What system do they have set up for the photo gallery? Is it still the same old system where they print out all the photos and you have to find your photo on the wall? Or have they upgraded to a digital system like I've seen on other cruise lines (swipe your card and facial recognition pulls up all the photos that you're in) Dunno. I don't buy pictures.

Now that the disco is located in the same room as the theater, do you know if they allow smoking? The theater used to be a non-smoking room, while I believe the disco did allow smoking, so I'm curious how they handled combining the two venues. NO smoking.

Silly question, but what language(s) did they use for the announcements? Just English, or other languages too (it was always super annoying to listen to every announcement in both English and then Spanish on my Southern Caribbean cruises out of Puerto Rico haha) English and other languages, if there is a significant number from other countries.

What kinds of locks are on the safes in the cabins? Is it a pin code, or swiping a magnetic strip? Keypad

Are there trays at the buffet? I'm going to assume not, but I can always hope for the best! haha No but room service still has trays.

Does the light switch in the cabins have the thing that requires you to insert a room key for the lights to work? I heard they installed that on some of the newer ships. Not in the old cabins. Yes in the new. Just about any card works.

Who was playing at the piano bar, and was he any good? Daz. Yes, of what little I heard, think he might have been temporary.

Sorry for all the random questions! It's just a few things I thought of :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Gailjen, we are also from the UK and hoping to get some beach days in, instead of sight seeing although looking forward to seeing Venice and Dubrovnik

Lovely little beach just outside the walls at Dubrovnik, 10 euros in taxi, we walked around town, went up the cable car and then a few hours on the beach..

We did Sorrento by train stopping at Pompeii, no beaches to speak of in the town just jetty's, quite expensive for a bed, then just walk down steps into the water. This year we think we might get a ferry to Ischia Island but still checking this one out.

At Civiteveccia they were doing the beach area up last year to the right as you look at the land, there is a free shuttle bus here so think we might try a few hours on there.

If you need any other details just ask..

Lovely little beach just outside the walls at Dubrovnik, 10 euros in taxi, we walked around town, went up the cable car and then a few hours on the beach..

We did Sorrento by train stopping at Pompeii, no beaches to speak of in the town just jetty's, quite expensive for a bed, then just walk down steps into the water. This year we think we might get a ferry to Ischia Island but still checking this one out.

At Civiteveccia they were doing the beach area up last year to the right as you look at the land, there is a free shuttle bus here so think we might try a few hours on there.

If you need any other details just ask..

Thanks, sounds exactly like what we would want to do, when are you going your cruise

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures --- just curious if you noticed any sewage smell on the Sunshine. We leave on the June 7th out of Barcelona

Yes, there was stinky smells on the Sunshine cruise of 5/17/13 which I was on. Nothing too horrible. I was in cabin 7133 (front of ship) & never smelled it in my cabin but occasionally in the hall especially as we walked down the corridor toward the center of the ship. We also smelled the sewage outside the piano bar. I just do not know why the ship didn't have vanilla or lavender fresheners in these smelly areas to offset the foul odor.

Yes, there was stinky smells on the Sunshine cruise of 5/17/13 which I was on. Nothing too horrible. I was in cabin 7133 (front of ship) & never smelled it in my cabin but occasionally in the hall especially as we walked down the corridor toward the center of the ship. We also smelled the sewage outside the piano bar. I just do not know why the ship didn't have vanilla or lavender fresheners in these smelly areas to offset the foul odor.

I never noticed any stink. The seas were bouncy some of the time and barf bags in strategic locations so that could be part of it.

Archived