Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Thank you sooo much for posting! We will be on the Sunshine next week, and are very much looking forward to it.

You mentioned in a previous post that you were going to drink some wine you bought in Avignon on the ship...do they allow you to bring beverages on board after embarkation? I know you are allowed 2 bottles of wine at the beginning of the trip, but I wasn't sure about after. We booked the Avignon excursion as well and would love to know if we can bring the wine on board to consume before we go....

thanks so much!

Thank you sooo much for posting! We will be on the Sunshine next week, and are very much looking forward to it.

You mentioned in a previous post that you were going to drink some wine you bought in Avignon on the ship...do they allow you to bring beverages on board after embarkation? I know you are allowed 2 bottles of wine at the beginning of the trip, but I wasn't sure about after. We booked the Avignon excursion as well and would love to know if we can bring the wine on board to consume before we go....

thanks so much!

Yes. We brought wine on in a couple of ports and security didn't bat an eye. European cruises are different than Caribbean cruises. The "rules" aren't different, but enforcement typically is.

Couldn't rink it all and had to bring two bottles back to the US. They probably won't last long. :)

thanks so much!

I thought that they only allowed 1 bottle of wine per person on embarkation day. Are you sure that the limit is 2 bottles per person now?

I've been reading on some other sites / forums regarding the main pool and mini golf that they just opened or are probably about to be opened within a couple of hours. Does anyone have any updates on the same?

The pool was opened yesterday. Not too sure re. Mini golf

I thought that they only allowed 1 bottle of wine per person on embarkation day. Are you sure that the limit is 2 bottles per person now?

It is 1 bottle per person 21 or older, but in my experience, is almost never enforced in Europe and we've done a number of Carnival cruises in Europe.

It is 1 bottle per person 21 or older, but in my experience, is almost never enforced in Europe and we've done a number of Carnival cruises in Europe.

We took 2 bottles on at Barcelona, then popped back out to duty free for another 2 walked back on with them in a carrier bag & no one even bothered.

the Taste Bar has replaced the Sushi spot on many ships - altho I believe the buffet may have some sushi appetizers around dinnertime...

That sucks, on the Breeze it had The Taste Bar, Bonsai Sushi, and Free Lido Sushi Offerings :-D...might have to sail on the Breeze again...:-)

So do you think we could carry on say, 4 bottles? Do we do this in hand or checked luggage? thanks :)

So do you think we could carry on say, 4 bottles? Do we do this in hand or checked luggage? thanks :)

Hand luggage, Thing is if you are prepared for 2 to be taken off and stored till the end I would. Alternatively wait till your room is available put bags in and bob back off to duty free and buy a few more. I'm going to do this again but going out of Venice.

Archived