Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't put the submerged loungers in the serenity pool area like they showed in the artist's rendition. I thought that looked like heaven and would be where I spent my time if I were on this ship.

carnival-sunshine-serenity-deck-rendering.jpg

Maggie

They might not be finished, but I can envision chair hogs and food dropped into the water making things not so serene.

Yes, VAT on everything. It could vary from 10-20% it seemed.

Thanks. I questioned Carnival on this for my August 30th sailing since Dubrovnik will become part of the EU July 1st and they filtered it through their reps saying, "only when you're within 12 miles of Barcelona." Again, their reps are wrong. Frustrating.

Thanks. I questioned Carnival on this for my August 30th sailing since Dubrovnik will become part of the EU July 1st and they filtered it through their reps saying, "only when you're within 12 miles of Barcelona." Again, their reps are wrong. Frustrating.

Yes, you will lose the Dubrovnik exemption. Time to start looking for cruises that stop in Turkey. :)

I didn't ask why different tax rates were charged - perhaps some of that has to do with geography, but really it is a EU thing overall.

The tour guide later ended up at the same bar/restaurant, so we were in no danger of getting left behind. We relaxed and enjoyed the atmosphere for a while longer.

We did end up leaving two people behind in Avignon. Never heard the story, but also didn't hear of them missing the ship so they must have merged in with the wrong tour or caught one of the later tours back the ship.

Carnival was quite aware of it and all the tour guides were told to be on the lookout for them.

Next off to the winery!

DSC_7952_Zyde.jpg

What is this secret deck on 7 you speak of? How on earth did I miss it? :confused:

They are outside the front cabins on deck 6 and 7. Just small area of deck space that aren't heavily used. The 4J(?) cabins look out to them.

SS, we will be doing the 9 day port intensive itinerary in Oct.

I'm wondering if the mdr was open for any breakfast or lunch on the port days or was it just the lido? Also, was the punchliner brunch only served one time, as there is only one sea day on this itinerary?

And if you took any excursions thru the ship, I'd like your opinion on them. I'm just starting to plan out what we will do each day and that would be helpful.

Thanks!

As our sail date approaches (June 7), I hope that both the weather is good and the pool will be open. Thanks again Sarge for your great review and your enlightenment on some misinformation that has been posted. Rumors of another dry dock does not sound good while we are less than two weeks out.

They are outside the front cabins on deck 6 and 7. Just small area of deck space that aren't heavily used. The 4J(?) cabins look out to them.

Cool, how does one get to these secret and quieter areas on 6 and 7?

I take no pool for June rather than my nightmare scenario of having our cruise cancelled as there's no other time we can take our summer hols and my oldest starts school in mid August.

I thought I read that the kids were allowed in the serenity pool .. except for one time it had to be closed for a "accident" and drained during the day.

SS, we will be doing the 9 day port intensive itinerary in Oct.

I'm wondering if the mdr was open for any breakfast or lunch on the port days or was it just the lido? Also, was the punchliner brunch only served one time, as there is only one sea day on this itinerary?

And if you took any excursions thru the ship, I'd like your opinion on them. I'm just starting to plan out what we will do each day and that would be helpful.

Thanks!

One of the MDRs is open for breakfast every port day and not at all for lunch on port days.

Punchliner is only on sea days, so only one day for us.

We took mostly ship tours and no complaints that I remember offhand. Hopefully long before October I will get through all of the ones we took. The Avignon tour we did was a ship tour.

As our sail date approaches (June 7), I hope that both the weather is good and the pool will be open. Thanks again Sarge for your great review and your enlightenment on some misinformation that has been posted. Rumors of another dry dock does not sound good while we are less than two weeks out.

I have no information on the main pool, what are the issues or when they might be fixed. The hotel director thought it might open during our cruise, but it didn't and neither did the mini-golf course.

There certainly is misinformation and false rumors circulating about the ship, but again, dunno about the main pool.

sorry if this has already been asked, which nights are the formal nights on the 9 day trip? thank you.

For us it was the evening of the first full day of the cruise and the sea day.

What is the difference between the two main dining rooms?

The aft dining room is for Your Time Dining and the mid-ship dining room is for traditional dining.

Archived