Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Dear Sargent,

I have some questions but first... I want to thank you for all the information and photos that you have posted for us.:)

How much is usually type for private guides in the tours you've done?

Pizza is free or paid?

In your opinion what is the best location for Meet and Greet?

You meet passengers who had rooms under Liquid Lounge (deck 6) and were disturbed in the night by music or vibration?

Thank you!

Sarge..I just finished Avignon..I can't thank you enough for photos I could not get inside 33 years ago...you brought back age 20 memories and gratitude..ship looks great so far too..finally getting around to this...thanks a million...will see rest tomorrow, Merci beaucoup...sarah

Hi Sarge,

We cannot thank you enough for this wonderful post.. We are so exciited about our cruise. We did the Breeze in February and loved the Spa rooms. We are in a Spa balcony this time 10120

Overall it looks like you really enjoyed everything.

How did you book your tours ?

Thanks,

Jeff + Liz:)

Dear Sargent,

I have some questions but first... I want to thank you for all the information and photos that you have posted for us.:)

How much is usually type for private guides in the tours you've done?

Pizza is free or paid?

In your opinion what is the best location for Meet and Greet?

You meet passengers who had rooms under Liquid Lounge (deck 6) and were disturbed in the night by music or vibration?

Thank you!

You're welcome.

There is no typical price. A guideline might be half the price of what the ship might charge for the same tour.

Pizza is included.

Havana Bar seemed okay.

If I were on top of or under the Liquid Loung I might expect to sometimes hear something. Having said that, cabins on ANY cruise ship on ANY cruise line with public areas above or below them might hear noise (music, deck chairs scraping, etc.). Or adjacent. The same on any ship if you have inconsiderate neighbors. Cruise ships are basically floating cities. The noise usually isn't horrific, but it could be, I suppose, and does depend on your tolerance. Some people bring sound machines, ear plugs, etc. just in case. Or ask for an extra pillow.

Sarge..I just finished Avignon..I can't thank you enough for photos I could not get inside 33 years ago...you brought back age 20 memories and gratitude..ship looks great so far too..finally getting around to this...thanks a million...will see rest tomorrow, Merci beaucoup...sarah

You're welcome.

Some day we'll have to return to Avignon when the weather is better. I think there was a lot more I could have seen.

Hi Sarge,

We cannot thank you enough for this wonderful post.. We are so exciited about our cruise. We did the Breeze in February and loved the Spa rooms. We are in a Spa balcony this time 10120

Overall it looks like you really enjoyed everything.

How did you book your tours ?

Thanks,

Jeff + Liz:)

Really enjoyed the ship, the cruise, and the ports.

Most were through the ship, the one in Livorno was a private tour organized by someone else - I'm not interested in organizing them. In Palma I did a Two Stop bus thing - the Hop On Hop Off probably would have been a better deal.

011: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Escargot Bourguignonne,

DSC_9490_Zyde.jpg

012: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Escargot Bourguignonne,

DSC_9491_Zyde.jpg

013: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Escargot Bourguignonne,

DSC_9492_Zyde.jpg

014: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Escargot Bourguignonne,

DSC_9493_Zyde.jpg

015: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Escargot Bourguignonne,

DSC_9494_Zyde.jpg

016: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Brioche with Parmesan

DSC_9495_Zyde.jpg

017: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Heart of Iceberg Lettuce,

DSC_9497_Zyde.jpg

018: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Classic Caesar Salad (hold the anchovies)

DSC_9498_Zyde.jpg

019: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Spice-Rubbed Prime Ribeye Steak

DSC_9499_Zyde.jpg

020: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Broiled Filet Mignon

DSC_9500_Zyde.jpg

021: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Broiled Filet Mignon

DSC_9501_Zyde.jpg

022: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms,

DSC_9502_Zyde.jpg

023: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabi Horseradish,

DSC_9504_Zyde.jpg

024: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

DSC_9509_Zyde.jpg

025: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

DSC_9511_Zyde.jpg

026: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit, using to fork to show scale

DSC_9512_Zyde.jpg

027: Carnival Sunshine Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, Hostess Polina,

DSC_9513_Zyde.jpg

Sarge I keep looking at your pics :) thanks again...

I was wondering how much to tip at the port for luggage is it the same as in the US? This will be my first in Europe and don't want to offend anyone :)

THanks

Sarge I keep looking at your pics :) thanks again...

I was wondering how much to tip at the port for luggage is it the same as in the US? This will be my first in Europe and don't want to offend anyone :)

THanks

I don't know that it is necessary to tip anything. I might have tipped 5 euros for 4 checked bags in Barcelona.

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for all the info ,and the very positve reviews, kinda of getting fed up reading all the negatives ,that appear to come fron people who probably havn't even been on the ship.

Hopefully not a silly question for you, have seen all the upgrades, but i'm staying on deck 2 oceanview cabin. Do yo know if the cabins have been upgraded, or are they still the old Destiny Cabins ?

Hi Sarge,

Thanks for all the info ,and the very positve reviews, kinda of getting fed up reading all the negatives ,that appear to come fron people who probably havn't even been on the ship.

Hopefully not a silly question for you, have seen all the upgrades, but i'm staying on deck 2 oceanview cabin. Do yo know if the cabins have been upgraded, or are they still the old Destiny Cabins ?

You are welcome and you are correct.

All of the cabins received makeovers. Ours was once an old cabin that was made new again.

Archived