NCL Breakaway - Balcony Cabin Pictorial

Great stuff... Can't wait till sunday when our's begin. Quick question:1: Most ship had makeup mirrors on desk. Haven't seen any in your pic. Do they have them? 2: Is there water and stuff in the frig? If so any problem having them remove it, so we can store our own? Thanks...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. We are in a spa minisuite for our 6/9 cruise and aside from the differences in the bathroom and a "few' spare feet I expect our cabin will be pretty similar to yours.

Looking at the vanity stool with the wooden top, thought initially it was rather odd, but probably designed to also serve as a coffee table which is how we are going to use it.

Nightengale- Please put some info up on your cruise & especially the spa MS when you get back, if you please..I am considering that for the Getaway next year...Thanks!!

Big Al

Just an addendum... 13890 was a 'transition' balcony, where the hull widens.

As such, you get a triangular shaped balcony with more usable space.

One side is the standard depth

8810025496_cef54a50e2_b.jpg

The extra panel on the left describes the additional balcony size on that side.

8799445261_d05dbbe6e1_b.jpg

Standing at one end and looking back

8810026116_b892fb7b54_b.jpg

There are several of these type balconies on each deck, apparent from the deck plan.

Computerworks: Thanks so much for the balcony pictures! Your very well written detail review with your beautiful photos have been of great assistance. We really appreciate your time and efforts. KUDOS! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions if I may...

1. Is there a way to tell if a certain cabin will have the bed closest to the door vs the balcony? I've seen pics of both arrangements, but can't figure out how to tell which would be which. I think I'm partial to having the bed nearest the balcony - if for nothing else than getting into the closet more easily.

2. I noticed from the balcony photos that the immediate view down is not the water, but some white rooftop. Is that around the entire ship - is there no clear, unobstructed view of the water?

Two questions if I may...

Is there a way to tell if a certain cabin will have the bed closest to the door vs the balcony? I've seen pics of both arrangements, but can't figure out how to tell which would be which. I think I'm partial to having the bed nearest the balcony - if for nothing else than getting into the closet more easily.

If you look at the Breakaway Deck Plan, and view the cabin... the 'indent' into the wall on one side indicates where the bed is positioned.

The balcony. Yes, it is small...and irritatingly so at first blush, but we found it useful, regardless of the size. just don't plan a cocktail party for your friends there.

8764686641_6ef53135bb_b.jpg

8767414536_e7c26a5a72_b.jpg

For this voyage, thi balcony cabin was just fine. The old cliche about only using your cabin to shower and sleep was so very true...between all the ship activities and parties, and the morning-to-evening time spent onshore in Bermuda.

On our next trip...and we will be returning to the Breakaway... I believe we will consider a larger cabin, though.

Hope this helps those who are waiting for their cruise date to come soon!

Oh my! Sorry... no, way no how!

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Camz and Bear3412. Thx CW, on the angled Balcony photos.

When we booked in Sept., they couldn't tell me if the balc was more spacious or not. Had a feeling it had a chance to be slightly bigger. Cool!

• 1 year later...

That's not so bad! Not a ton of room, but doable. The folks saying you had to sit with the chair inside the room to fit had me worried....a little overly dramatic for sure! Thanks for the quick response! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if they will unlock the balcony doors (connecting to the next room) if you ask them to do so? They did it for us on MSC but would not do it on the NCL Jewel. We did have connecting rooms on the Jewel, though. We are looking at midship balconies (two 4 person rooms next to each other) that do not connect inside.

Edited by gotksgirl