Guaranty booking - assigned stateroom?

Just booked a Z inside guarantee on Freedom June 2nd sailing and was assigned deck 6 Promenade Stateroom right in the middle of the ship and with no adjoining cabin.

And I'm with Carol on adjoining cabins. When folks next door leave their bathroom door open while they talk to their cabin mate and you can hear their bodily functions it is just TMI. Another time we had adjoining cabin the family put their kids all into that cabin and they rarely left the cabin but playing video games as loud as possible all day and most of the night. They are great if you are traveling with family but I'd be on the phone trying to change it if it were adjoining this time.

We just booked a W (JS or above) guarantee on the Freedom 9/1/13 cruise about a week ago. I checked yesterday and saw that we'd been assigned a JS already, but it was an adjoining cabin. We called immediately and changed to a JS that has no connecting door, and it was no problem.

I think connecting doors are wonderful if you are traveling with friends or family and want to have easy inside access to each other's rooms. If the people in the other room are unrelated, then I hate it! We once had a connecting room due to booking very late, and the folks next to us were almost always audible! By the end of the cruise, we knew a lot more than we ever wanted to know about (sigh) certain marital issues......:o We also knew when the lady got seasick.:eek: And somebody over there snored like a freight train...:(

You also sacrifice some furniture in your cabin to accommodate the connecting door - like instead of a loveseat, you have only a chair. Or a loveseat instead of a sofa. So I agree - unless I need a connecting room, I surely don't want one! And if they assign me one on a guarantee, I will always try to change it!

Judy

Judy

Hi, John here from the shortened Alure OTS cruise.

Judy, I forgot you were from Oklahoma City.

I hope all is well with you and Buz!!!!

Shout out to you too, Carol!!:D

I like the connecting doors. As I get older, my hearing is going.

It is easier to put my ear on the door instead of the wall!!;):D

Back to the topic!;)

Hi, John here from the shortened Alure OTS cruise.

Judy, I forgot you were from Oklahoma City.

I hope all is well with you and Buz!!!!

Shout out to you too, Carol!!:D

I like the connecting doors. As I get older, my hearing is going.

It is easier to put my ear on the door instead of the wall!!;):D

Back to the topic!;)

Hi John! We are fine - we live about 9-10 miles north of tornado ground zero (Moore.) We feel very lucky to have escaped all the damage!!

We still talk about our hurricane cruise last August on Allure....I think it was a great cruise, even though it was shorter than it should have been...and in the end we calculated that we came out about $250 AHEAD when we put a pencil to it and added up all the stuff RC did for us. Can't complain about that!:p

Hmmm....you might have enjoyed those folks in the room next to us when we had that connecting door....some of what we heard was a little bit on the racy side:eek: and you'd have heard 'em just fine!

Judy

We have a Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Guarantee for Oasis of the Seas on Sept 7, 2013. We booked on March 25, 2013 and our room arrangement is still unknown.

Don't stress out! Often they don't assign the guarantee rooms until close to final payment or just after final payment, so you'll probably get your room assignment soon since your final payment date would be about June 24 or something like that for a 9/7/13 cruise. Keep checking on the RC site by logging in and looking at your cruise - you'll see the cabin number there once they've assigned your room.

Judy

Don't stress out! Often they don't assign the guarantee rooms until close to final payment or just after final payment, so you'll probably get your room assignment soon since your final payment date would be about June 24 or something like that for a 9/7/13 cruise. Keep checking on the RC site by logging in and looking at your cruise - you'll see the cabin number there once they've assigned your room.

Judy

I'm not stressing out yet. I'm just a first time cruiser so I'm researching everything I can. I keep seeing people refer to the final payment. In order for them to assign your room they say you have to be be paid in full, so we've already done that. Is that what people refer to or is the "Final Payment" just the date the final payment has to be completed by?

No, you don't have to be paid in full for them to assign your cabin witha guarantee rate. I moved my upcoming reservation to a guarantee to obtain a significant price drop. I received my cabin assignment a week later and I still owed about a $1000.00. I don't know why sometimes you receive an assignment right away and other times it's just before you get ready to leave.

This is my favorite story ever and I never get tired of sharing it!

In March 2012, DH and I booked a Central Park Balcony on Oasis for a Western Caribbean sailing in November 2012. The last week of August, I saw that a W-JS Guarantee opened up and it was only about $250 or so more per person... and still less than a straight change to a regular ocean view balcony, which DH had wanted me to do all along. So I did it - took the W Guarantee, completely expecting to get a JS assigned pretty quickly... so we waited, and waited.. and waited for almost 2 months... and, well, there we were a week or so before the cruise date and I was checking every chance I got to see if our cabin had been assigned... and then, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!! An aft-facing L2 CROWN LOFT SUITE almost center of the ship, assigned to us for our cruise. I just about jumped out of my skin with excitement!

I had also been chatting with a fellow cruiser on our roll-call who did exactly the same upgrade that I did, from an interior balcony to the W-Guarantee for the same cruise and she and her husband were assigned a L2 Crown Loft the same day as mine... when she checked the day before we were leaving, she found that her documents were updated and they were REassigned to an Ocean-facing L1 Crown Loft!

So lightning can strike my friends... I would definitely do another guarantee if the situation is right and if I felt that I could live with whatever cabin is assigned to me an a category on the given ship. BTW - it is true what they say... I am totally spoiled now!!!! :)

Here's my long story, and the only gty I have ever booked....

We originally booked an inside cabin, deck 4, on Serenade for January, almost the cheapest on the ship, hoping for price drops/upgrades. A few months later I noticed that there was a gty available for an oceanview that was actually cheaper than what we paid for the inside. I immediately called and took the gty. We were already paid in full (but still months from the official final payment date) and I elected to receive the difference in OBC rather than a credit on my card. About 2-3 days later I noticed that we had been assigned a category G on deck 2 and it was a connecting room. Although we would have been ok on deck 2, we didn't really want a connecting cabin, so I called and was able to pick out any available G cabin on the ship and moved up to deck 4 at no extra cost. Ironically, we ended up across the hall from the inside that we first booked, in an OV for $80 less. So, even though I booked a guarantee, I was in a way, still able to choose my room, and since the cruise was still at least 9 months out, there were plenty of rooms to choose from. Of course, just about 2 weeks later there was an awesome military rate on an E1 balcony that was just a little higher than we originally paid for the inside, so we moved up once again....and now I'm watching for a possible W gty!

As long as we don't have any special needs such as connecting cabins for the kids, I would book a guarantee in a heartbeat! At least in our experience, by making our final payment early, we were still able to pick out a good cabin.

Hi John! We are fine - we live about 9-10 miles north of tornado ground zero (Moore.) We feel very lucky to have escaped all the damage!!

We still talk about our hurricane cruise last August on Allure....I think it was a great cruise, even though it was shorter than it should have been...and in the end we calculated that we came out about $250 AHEAD when we put a pencil to it and added up all the stuff RC did for us. Can't complain about that!:p

Hmmm....you might have enjoyed those folks in the room next to us when we had that connecting door....some of what we heard was a little bit on the racy side:eek: and you'd have heard 'em just fine!

Judy

I am glad you two are OK! I would love to cruise with you again!:D

I think Royal Caribbean realy stepped up to the plate with the Alure OTS cruise too! As you know, some were taking advantage of Royal Caribbean's goodwill.

In all of our cruises, I can only think of a few times where neighbors bothered us. Most of our noise was from the door opening into the hallway. Lots of people were very loud walking down the hall at night!

As you know, Kay and I are very quiet!!!:p;):D ha ha

For all of us who booked gty staterooms - no matter what kind of gty - what type of stateroom has been assigned?

Doesn't mean the upgrades you're asked for by your TA oder RCI, maybe with a small extra fee per person. My request only refers to gty booking and *surprise surprise* looking in your cruise documents, getting the information of the type of stateroom.

Please share your experiences. :)

Explorer IS GTY, received cabin 9669 IS.

I keep seeing people refer to the final payment. In order for them to assign your room they say you have to be be paid in full, so we've already done that. Is that what people refer to or is the "Final Payment" just the date the final payment has to be completed by?

Yes, I think most people are referring to the DATE by which final payment must be made. And guarantee cabins can be assigned any time at all! Our final payment date is June 18, we have not paid in full yet, and yet our cabin was assigned within days of booking the W guarantee. We've done guarantees a few times in the past - some we've had to wait a long time for, and others were assigned right away like this one.

It also depends (I think!) on how much action there is with a given cruise in terms of sales. On our cruise, it seems like sales are slow since they've recently done a bunch of discounts (senior citizen, military), offered guarantee bookings in a couple of categories and dropped some prices in others.

Here's hoping you get a nice upgrade when you get you cabin assignment!!:D

Judy

Archived