Seattle June 30th Traffic alert

Dan G

Be aware that the Pride Parade takes place this day and traffic will be disrupted on 4th avenue between downtown and Denney Way. If your doing a cruise this day plan on taking a flat rate cab or towncar as they will have to detour a bit to get around Denney (the street near the Space Needle and the main route to Pier 91.

• 2 weeks later...
Be aware that the Pride Parade takes place this day and traffic will be disrupted on 4th avenue between downtown and Denney Way. If your doing a cruise this day plan on taking a flat rate cab or towncar as they will have to detour a bit to get around Denney (the street near the Space Needle and the main route to Pier 91.

Thanks for the info. Don't know if it will help us too much. We will be getting off at pier 91 on the 30th. But, at least we will know what is happening as we detour around.

from the pier to the airport should not be any problem as most cabs should take hwy 99 vs I-5. To the pier from downtown would be the main problem but not 'from' the airport if your going right there and the cab take hwy 99 which they should do if they are familiar with Seattle traffic

from the pier to the airport should not be any problem as most cabs should take hwy 99 vs I-5. To the pier from downtown would be the main problem but not 'from' the airport if your going right there and the cab take hwy 99 which they should do if they are familiar with Seattle traffic

The route that all cabs from SeaTac to Pier 91 use Hwy 99 (the viaduct) via the 1st Ave Bridge. In most cases it takes 20 minutes to 30 minutes at the most. This also goes for Pier 66

• 2 weeks later...
just a reminder. This will tie up traffic so be aware. The weekend weather is supposed to be in the 80'/s

...and it should be quite a party! If you're in town this weekend, do consider checking it out--either going out to watch the parade, or coming over to Seattle Center for the festival. It's going to be a one-of-a-kind celebration!

Seattle PrideFest 2013

...and it should be quite a party! If you're in town this weekend, do consider checking it out--either going out to watch the parade, or coming over to Seattle Center for the festival. It's going to be a one-of-a-kind celebration!

Seattle PrideFest 2013

I just kinda hoped that it would be a bit less jam-packed. Do you think it's going to be even worth trying to do the EMP or is it going to be Paris metro rush-hour crowding inside venues?

I just kinda hoped that it would be a bit less jam-packed. Do you think it's going to be even worth trying to do the EMP or is it going to be Paris metro rush-hour crowding inside venues?

Hard to say, but I'm guessing the people who come to Seattle Center for the Pride festival are going to mainly stay at the festival. So EMP probably won't be a lot more crowded than it is most summer weekends. However, the Center grounds in general, and the streets and parking lots around it...that's another story.

Hard to say--I'm guessing the people who come to Seattle Center for the Prode festival are going to mainly stay at the festival. So EMP probably won't be a lot more crowded than it is most summer weekends. However, the Center grounds in general, and the streets and parking lots around it...that's another story.

Fair enough. The plan as it stands is to go by light rail and monorail, so parking isn't a problem, it's just going to be the crowds. That and the fact that I kinda view "people" like Agent K. :rolleyes:

Fair enough. The plan as it stands is to go by light rail and monorail, so parking isn't a problem, it's just going to be the crowds. That and the fact that I kinda view "people" like Agent K. :rolleyes:

The parade starts at 11am on 4th Ave so head to the monorail prior to that. The Seattle Center activities start at noon.

In other words .... get an early start.

If you have time, the Chihuly exhibit is incredible.

The parade starts at 11am on 4th Ave so head to the monorail prior to that. The Seattle Center activities start at noon.

In other words .... get an early start.

If you have time, the Chihuly exhibit is incredible.

Alas, I am restricted by needing to fly commercial. And by refusing to treat my travelling companion as a low-level flunky fit to take care of luggage whilst I traipse around at my leisure. And I've heard about a Chihuly exhibit in an arboretum, so it's one of the things I'd like to do, given the space and time to enjoy it.

Archived