!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Wait until you meet Andy.....you will fall in love with him

Andy? from where?

Gambee,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are on the ship in about eight weeks and thanks to you am looking forward to a wonderful time. I knew you would love Bermuda it is our favorite place and we are one of the people that go there every year and never get tired of it.

You're very welcome.

We did indeed love Bermuda, what an incredible island it is.

I have to make a trip to Toys R Us and look for Gumby and Pokey, they will look great on my desk. Hate to see them apart.

So I thought that you mentioned at some point that you have to work a 12 hour shift. I'm thinking----Dr. Gambee? Nurse Gambee?

So the buffet on Breakaway is the older version with a long counter and not broken up into islands. The Princess ships all have the island concept but I see that on their new ships, the Royal and the Regal, they are going back to the long counter concept. I am always so curious about the things that go into these design changes.

I didn't like the idea that you have to check out a towel and bring it back to avoid a fee. I do have to admit that I does keep the pool decks less sloppy looking.

Do you find that having ordered Vodka in your cabin and mixing drinks there, that you missed out on the bar scene, which on some sailings can be quite entertaining?

The view from the S6 was amazing, It was like your own personal firework display. If your balcony is close to port side I think you will be able to see them.

Thanks for adding the info here. Not sure mine would of had a good view, I think it was way to far towards the starboard side.

I did wonder why the harness was so tight. My voice is still 3 octaves higher then it was before the cruise :eek::o

:D:D:D

It's going to be fun to see what the weather was like on the way back to ny... I can't believe you snorkeled in that water. I would have needed a wet suit.

I am starting to work on the video of Day 7, and then Ill move into the pictures. I tried to get a lot of videos to try to show the weather, but that is not an easy task.

I have to make a trip to Toys R Us and look for Gumby and Pokey, they will look great on my desk. Hate to see them apart.

So I thought that you mentioned at some point that you have to work a 12 hour shift. I'm thinking----Dr. Gambee? Nurse Gambee?

So the buffet on Breakaway is the older version with a long counter and not broken up into islands. The Princess ships all have the island concept but I see that on their new ships, the Royal and the Regal, they are going back to the long counter concept. I am always so curious about the things that go into these design changes.

I didn't like the idea that you have to check out a towel and bring it back to avoid a fee. I do have to admit that I does keep the pool decks less sloppy looking.

Do you find that having ordered Vodka in your cabin and mixing drinks there, that you missed out on the bar scene, which on some sailings can be quite entertaining?

You're way off in the guessing of my work :D, lol.

We were not fans of the new buffet system, but I guess if they are going back to that concept they must have a valid reason for it.

The towel thing is possibly the most annoying thing ever, I absolutely love X in that department. You don't have to worry about those towels, maybe I add that people steal this towels all the time.

You have a valid point there, however if I wanted to all I had to do was go to a bar with my glass, and that's it. I have to admit that I spend a lot of my time in bars in the X ship, and I did not have no where near as much fun on that ship as I did on this ship.

I do most of my socializing on the jacuzzies, so I guess it is replaced by that. In future cruises I will get the bar setup and then go to some bars and have a drink there as well. I think the only bar that would fit my bill on this ship is the shakers bar.

I am starting to work on the video of Day 7, and then Ill move into the pictures. I tried to get a lot of videos to try to show the weather, but that is not an easy task.

Yeah gotta watch out for those flying balcony dividers lol

DSC08206_zps5381bc5b.jpg

Thank you Gambee for a wonderful review! Our friends and her parents were on this same voyage with you, and I kept wondering if possibly they might pop up during your review. Voila! Here they are (she is hidden by her father in the middle). So cool!

Thank you Gambee for a wonderful review! Our friends and her parents were on this same voyage with you, and I kept wondering if possibly they might pop up during your review. Voila! Here they are (she is hidden by her father in the middle). So cool!

I guess that is what happens when someone takes thousands of pictures on a trip :D.

Thank you for reading the review :)

We were on 10 in the port side aft S6 (10312) and watch the fireworks from there.

I don't want to break in on this wonderful review, but this is the suite we are thinking of booking. How did you like the balcony? Any pics? And when docked in Bermuda, did the balcony get a lot of sun?

I really don't sit in the sun & am trying to figure out which S6 balconies are the most shaded. Thanks.

And Gambee...since I've never been to Bermuda yet...you have made me very anxious to finally get there. Wonderful pictures & commentary. Thank you for all the great information.

I don't want to break in on this wonderful review, but this is the suite we are thinking of booking. How did you like the balcony? Any pics? And when docked in Bermuda, did the balcony get a lot of sun?

I really don't sit in the sun & am trying to figure out which S6 balconies are the most shaded. Thanks.

And Gambee...since I've never been to Bermuda yet...you have made me very anxious to finally get there. Wonderful pictures & commentary. Thank you for all the great information.

I did not have this suite, but I remember Shaun telling me that his S6 on deck 10 was a little too exposed to the sun, and it was hard getting some shade at times. I suggest deck 9 or deck 12, since they are a little deeper it might be better for you.

Gambee just wanted to say once again that this has been so awesome to come home from work and read everyday! Your amazing pictures of the ship have gotten everyone in my party of 18 going on Breakaway July 21st extremely excited for vacation. Thank you for all of your hard work a lot of your pictures and comments have altered my planning process so thanks for paying so much attention to detail.

Gambee just wanted to say once again that this has been so awesome to come home from work and read everyday! Your amazing pictures of the ship have gotten everyone in my party of 18 going on Breakaway July 21st extremely excited for vacation. Thank you for all of your hard work a lot of your pictures and comments have altered my planning process so thanks for paying so much attention to detail.

You're very welcome, glad you enjoyed the review and that it was of help for your planning :)

Hi Gambee;

Thanks for the great review, I had a question on the balcony, and I remember seeing pictures but can't seem to find them again.

You had an aft balcony?? this was larger? The standard balcony is teen tiny if I remember?

Thanks

Hi Gambee;

Thanks for the great review, I had a question on the balcony, and I remember seeing pictures but can't seem to find them again.

You had an aft balcony?? this was larger? The standard balcony is teen tiny if I remember?

Thanks

Very much so, Ill do the tour of the room on Day 7, and I have much more pictures of the balcony. Our balcony was huge!

I am working on it folks, it is just taking a lot of work to fix the videos and pictures.

I will try to have it ready by tomorrow.

Edited by gambee

My friend before your review I was reluctant to sail on Breakaway after seeing the balconies. Your review changed that... it will be in my future travel plans :) Definitely will go for the aft balcony though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bugsy4271

We will be sailing tomorrow (6/9) and can't wait. After your extensive review I feel that I am returning to a ship I've been on before. Thanks again for all your useful information. This will be our 24th time to Bermuda, five on cruises.

My friend before your review I was reluctant to give NCL and the Breakaway a try. Your review changed that... it will be in my future travel plans :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

I remember talking to you about it when you where here in Florida. You really should, they offer a completely different product than X and RCCL. But I have to say I really like the product that they offer, change is good, if you know what I mean.

We will be sailing tomorrow (6/9) and can't wait. After your extensive review I feel that I am returning to a ship I've been on before. Thanks again for all your useful information. This will be our 24th time to Bermuda, five on cruises.

I hope you have a great cruise! I wish I was leaving tomorrow, lol. Thank you for reading the review.

We were not fans of the new buffet system, but I guess if they are going back to that concept they must have a valid reason for it.

I would venture a guess that their reasoning is just THAT! Their "valid reason" being no one likes it so they will hopefully upsell to a paid venue. Marketing!

Thanks for the many hours you spent on this marvelous review. And if your mother doesn't feel like accompanying you I will gladly fill in as a surrogate mom! :D

Edited by mopedmom1

I did not have this suite, but I remember Shaun telling me that his S6 on deck 10 was a little too exposed to the sun, and it was hard getting some shade at times. I suggest deck 9 or deck 12, since they are a little deeper it might be better for you.

depending on which side of the ship docks you will either get sun in the am or pm. When we docked the aft faced out to seeand had shade from about 2pm on. We spent the am in the haven and then the afternoon on the balcony. It was wonderful

I would venture a guess that their reasoning is just THAT! Their "valid reason" being no one likes it so they will hopefully upsell to a paid venue. Marketing!

Thanks for the many hours you spent on this marvelous review. And if your mother doesn't feel like accompanying you I will gladly fill in as a surrogate mom! :D

Possibly, but I think it is more of a space issue. Who knows.

You're very welcome :)

Day 7

We woke up rather early to a very rocky ship, and a new for us a rumbling kind of moment. I decided to look at the TV and check at the wave size, they were 8.5 feet at that time. I was actually very intrigued, considering that Silly braved much bigger waves and the movement was considerably less. Through the day we would encounter much bigger waves, I think at some point the TV reported waves of 23ft. The odd thing is that for some reason the movement of the ship only change slightly throughout the day. While some might say that I got adjusted to it, I would beg to differ.

Much of the ship would be sick that day, including my mom. The ship was fairly empty in the common areas, and I also noticed a lot of do not disturb lights on throughout the day.

Another interesting thing that I noticed is that on that last day two other options for the internet appeared. I think one was a 15 minute plan for $8.25 and another one. Both offered some savings, my guess is that they want to sell the most they can before the end of the cruise.

I also have a note for that day, I think the night before at some point I had a conversation with one person. She told me that the wine list was rather weak on the ship. I think actually I have the wine menu from Blue to post today.

So anyway I woke up and headed towards the balcony. I love when ships are going at full speed, specially when you are on the aft of the ship. You can just feel the power of the vessel at it's max!

DSC09409_zps5e9ce35a.jpg

The weather had an overall poor look to it.

DSC09410_zpse8c201f6.jpg

If I may also add that those aft cabins are perfectly sheltered from the wind. While the rest of the ship was getting battered our room was still nice and comfortable.

DSC09412_zps6da81c60.jpg

Video Tour! Please watch it!

I then decided that since I had gotten up so early I might as well take advantage and go do a ship tour with the fisheye lens.

I am very proud of this tour! I would dare to say that my review is not complete unless you take the time to watch these videos.

They are much more than just a tour, I would like to say that they are a summary of the entire review.

So please watch these videos,

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 1

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 2

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 3

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 4

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 5

By the way ignore the comment of me not reviewing ships any more. I still plan on reviewing ships, but just in a much more relaxed way, while still having tons of info.

Ok I really hope you all like the videos. That is it for today, I will try to finish day 7 tomorrow.