!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Is lightroom a website to help with the photos?

Chris, try a Google search for PhotoScape. It's an editing software similar to Lightroom. I'm using it currently to get an idea of the effects before spending the $$$ on the other software. Just a thought...

We were on 10 in the port side aft S6 (10312) and watch the fireworks from there.

That's great to know! Did you have to look off port side? We are on the starboard side deck 12 s6. There are MANY more sailings before mine. Hoping to hear whether or not fireworks are viewable from that balcony. We'll have our daughters (9&7) with us. We've been spoiled with watching weekly fireworks at my in-laws beach house. We always get the girls ready for bed, watch the fireworks, then straight to bed! Already know we can enjoy the music from our balcony, it would be GREAT to also see the fireworks! Especially after seeing those crowds!:eek:

Thanks Gambee for the wonderful review of the Getaway. It was just awesome in all ways: review, pictures, video, etc. I didn't even feel that bad about my cancelled cruise. I went to Bermuda anyway. Just virtually with you. Couldn't ask for more.

I also want to thank your Mom for raising such a great son. She deserves a lot of praise. I am sure she is very proud of you, as well she should be.

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. It is so greatly appreciated by all of us here at CC. I know it takes a lot of work and hopefully now you can sit back, relax and get some needed rest.

Take care and I guess we will be hearing from you in August. Can't wait........

Gwen :)

Hey Gambee

I was on the cruise with you with one of the small balconies and I really enjoyed being able to open the door and enjoy the breeze. The cost difference was much smaller when compared to Holland America. Your review was great. Cagney's was awesome, Ocean Blue was ok, I enjoyed the osco busco at la cuccina and le bistro was ok. I really enjoyed slam alan at fat cats, no wait at mdr at 6 a couple of nights wed and thurs.

Well Mr. Gambee another great review. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your cruise and your normal life to share your experiences with all of us. I understand it is a hobby of yours but sometimes hobbies can become work. The level of detail you provide tells me you must be spending a lot of time away from family and friends to keep us entertained -- Thanks!

I am still not sure about NCL as a cruise vacation but you have opened my eyes toward Bermuda and I am interested in the 3 night stay over there. Seems like the best of both worlds.

You have mentioned the Quantum? Will that do summer runs from NYC?

Looking forward to your next adventure.

Bill

What can I say, Gambee, except . . . BRAVO!!!!!!

Loved the review, photos, ALL of your videos (a complete talking "walkabout" just about blew me away), and of course, all of the sacrifices you and your Mom made with all of that food, just to be able to show it to us!

Hope you enjoy a well-earned rest. We'll "see" you gain in August (can't wait"). Wish you could join me and the sister on the Freedom OTS in December.

Thank you for the great review! The details are amazing!

One thing...I couldn't put my finger what was not right with some of the crew members attitude.

And then I read in your review...

"The overall feel of the ship was not the same as the Allure where the crew just felt proud of their vessel. There was a feeling of disconnection of the staff with the ship. "

That's it! Thank you for finally putting into the words what I was feeling about the crew after my May 26 cruise.

At the Latitudes party we spoke with one of the officers who said they didn't have "new hires" on the ship, only experienced crew was called.

Well, some of them did have an Attitude. I'm very easy to please but sometimes I felt like the crew members were annoyed when they were asked a question.

Hopefully the things will improve. Again thank you for an OUTSTANDING review!

Edited by Aldeya

I had a VERY stong feeling that in the end the Allure will be the winner. IMO, the overall experience are those ships is just SO unique that nothing, I mean nothing can match it. Yes, I am a big fan!;)

Well Gambee its great to know that besides Carnival the next two ships on your list are exactly the same as mine. Royal Princess interior photos are starting to come in.....she looks STUNNING! It would be great to meet you one day and thank you in person for all the help you provide in your reviews!

I'm even more excited about the Breakway after watching those videos. Another fantastic review.....it is much appreciated.

Edited by roe2ship

You have mentioned the Quantum? Will that do summer runs from NYC?

Bill

Well from rumor yes (actually New Jersey;))..however no official statements were made from Royal Caribbean. If the Quantum does do Summer 2015 from New Jersey, it will most likely run 9 Day Caribbean and 5 day Bermuda cruises.:)

Not really, their prices are just ridiculous. I really can't justify that price just to be in an all gay cruise, I am sure I would a great time, but at this time I can't.

They have a drag cruise this year aboard MSC Divina, that might be an interesting trip. But I don't think ill bite.

Hello!

Just wanted to say I'm loving your review and your past reviews! Keep up the good work!

Please don't dismiss the RSVP cruises on prices alone, they are worth every penny! The RSVP product is night and day different from a regular non charter cruise. I made an attempt of a day by day pictorial of this past February's RSVP which was on the Eurodam, the frequent posters on the HAL boards wanted to know what was different the week RSVP takes over compared to every other week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794253

I read your review some time ago, your pictures are stunning! But I will read it again sometime next week, thanks for the link :)

You need to look at Ernie's photos from the Disney Dream, he did a great job with those. It will make you want to pick that ship for your next cruise!

Really great review, as usual. We all appreciate the time and effort. One of the first things I do when I check my computer in the morning and you are in the middle of a review is look for updates. I'm sorry it is ending!

Hi Gambee, loved your review of the Breakaway! I'm taking my daughter on it in September as a present for graduating from college. How much is the cab fare from the ship to the airport and how long did it take to get there on a Sunday morning? Did you do the walk off?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thank you so much Gambee for a such a in-depth review filled with gorgeous pictures. My husband & I have been reading, enjoying and considering everything you posted. We are so grateful for all of your input and tips. We will definitely be using some of your suggestions when we board the Breakaway in ONE WEEK! (so happy you finished the review with time to spare ;))

Thanks again for an outstanding review!

Monica :):)

Well I guess that is about it.

Disembarkation was very fast, nothing like the Silli terminal. We must of gone through it as fast as we could walk. After that we crossed the street and took a taxi to LGA. We had a really cool cab driver, very nice guy, we had a fun talking.

Our flight was not until later, so I purchased the 24/hr pass for internet and started posting the review.

Our flight home was uneventful.

I will post the conclusion later on.

[/b][/color]

Gambee,

I have been reading your review from the beginning but have not posted until now. As others have said, this has been a very well done, thorough review. Your pictures have been great.

I have not been able to watch the videos on CC but have been able to see them on Facebook. Thanks for that as a backup.

I am glad you enjoyed Bermuda. As you can see in my signature, I (we) love Bermuda too.

Looking forward to your posting of the conclusion.

Thank you again.

Dick

Thank you so very, very much Gambee!! You've absolutely convinced me to give Bermuda a try.

I am so sorry you had such issues with customer service. It's not the NCL norm but they do have work to do in this area. I wonder if it's the bigger ships? We had a similar issue on Epic but not others. Disappointing at any rate.

Like so many others, I have followed since the beginning. I actually feel like crying that your review is over! I couldn't wait to get home and read your review. I do have my own Breakaway cruise to look forward to on July 7, but will miss your words.

As a famous quote from a movie about a cruise ship "You have a gift, you do!" You should really think about doing this for a living. Not many people can write the way the speak, and make people feel like they are along for the ride!!!!

Thank you so much for such an awesome review. I can not believe you were walking around in rain and wind from hell, to do a video tape review for us. That was above and beyond. :)

Thanks to you and Mom . :). You took time out from your vacation to help CC members. Thanks just isn't enough :). Lol. Can't wait for your next review. If I wasn't already booked on the Breakaway, after your review I would have booked. :).

Gambee ... I love sailing & the catamarans we've done in the Caribbean. Glad you had a good time ... it sure looked like a great cat! I've wanted to go to Bermuda but DH wasn't sure ... your pictures are certainly helping me convince him .. THANK YOU!

We are going on the Sili in March ... followed your review of that cruise too since it will be the same itinerary for us. Just hope we have better weather than you had ... it's our first western carib cruise.

I'm also watching the Quantum .... I was interested in the SoCarib ... my favorite places & leaving from NJ means just a 3+ hour ride to the port vs a flight.