!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you so much, Gambee, for your review thus far. And, especially, for confirming that I chose well when I chose my cabin 12906 blindly over a year ago! I can't wait to hit that balcony in July!! Do you have any more pics of the inside of the cabin?

Edited by Mooder

Last but not least the entrance to the kid area, I know wrong order, lol

DSC06135_zps8cfeb5de.jpg

Now on to the Spa, lets take a little time here talk about the Spa. During my planning that main thing I was very worried about, was that there were not enough tubs for everyone on board Breakaway and that is why I was seriously contemplating on getting the passes for the spa. I am very happy that I did not spend this extra money on the spa. While the spa is absolutely amazing, it is just to much money for us at $200 per person. And in addition to that it is all the way in the front of the ship and we were aft, so the trek to get there to make it worth it was just too much.

The funny thing that you will notice along the review is that NCL kept raising prices on a lot of things as the time went by. The spa on Epic is $146, or maybe they increased as well? who knows, in any case $200 is simply too much for us. We even gave it thought of getting the day pass for the last day on port. Apparently those are somewhat easy to get if you go early in the morning, but keep in mind that is only for port days.

SCAN0197_zpse3004661.jpg

SCAN0208_zps07d3a729.jpg

I think this is also a good place to post the information about Vibe. By the way getting this info for the Vibe Club in customer service was the worst experience I have ever had dealing with customer service in a ship. In short words he was just rude and condescending, he rolled his eyes and treated me like a child. Mom and I were stunned by his reaction. I guess I can go more into details of it later, but NCL really needs to have a better screening process for who they put in customer service. Out of all our experiences with costumer service only one had a resolution. And all of you who know me from the other reviews know that I am very easy to deal with and treat the staff with lots of respect. Working in the service industry I have learned that it is extremely important to treat everyone with respect. Trust me when I say that I am not exaggerating. NCL has a problem and it needs to be addressed. So yeah more on that later.

But like I said lets leave this for another time. On with the tour. Oh Posh (equivalent of Vibe in Epic) is $59 for the week, but then again there are no tubs. So yeah….

SCAN0196_zpsb8be9662.jpg

Edited by gambee

Kewbrick: Thank you, glad you're liking it :). I actually thought that we did not accomplish that much in NY, but then again we got there at around 11am, so I do see your point.

Mooder: I have tons of pics of the cabin, but they are later in other days. I think on day 7 I do a full tour. Great cabin by the way!

Stellarose: Thank you. More coming :)

And here is the actual Spa,

I talked from a couple who had access to it and said it was worth it. I guess it all depends on your budget.

Oh, by the way when you enter this area there is a smell of chlorine and it feels very humid and hot. I guess it should be perfect for winter sailings out of NY.

DSC06155_zps2603a4a1.jpg

Nice, huh? Reminds me of the Free Solarium on the Silli.

DSC06156_zpsc74a9f9a.jpg

Jacuzzi rather small.

DSC06159_zps6c8d4fe8.jpg

The pool had a nice temperature.

DSC06160_zpsbd0900ca.jpg

DSC06161_zps483ccbf1.jpg

DSC06162_zps299a5364.jpg

Gambee....absolutely loving this! Thanks so much to you and your mom for all your time and effort - appreciated by all! I know it's been said before, but we all feel like we know you and your mom now...you've gained quite a few friends through your reviews!

Gambee - I love, LOVE all the maps and links you have included in your insightful review! Just subscribed to your thread so that I have my one-stop reference for our upcoming trip in September. It will be our first time in Bermuda, and all these details are highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mandy

Loving your review. I'm pretty sure those "coins" are old subway tokens (or replicas of them), in keeping with the NYC theme. Some of us are old enough to remember using them to get to school. (not me of course).

Your pics of FAO Schwarz remind me of your Cozumel pics from your Allure review. I said it then, and will say it now, you should consider a career in advertising. Your photography makes me want to buy stuff.

Thanks for all your hard work,

Kim

So for those wondering, I think it was turned off. I did taste the rooks,(don't look at me like that, curiosity killed the cat :D) and they were salty. I spoke to a couple that told me that you could really feel the salt in the air, and they did feel better after going in. They said they could breath better.

DSC06182_zpsf3320db6.jpg

DSC06183_zps1fc6962b.jpg

DSC06184_zps4bfbc4c4.jpg

DSC06185_zps0301a789.jpg

DSC06186_zpsb8f14a8c.jpg

We then left the spa, thank God they did not talked me into buying the pass. I was borderline about that, she told me they sell out in before 3pm and gave me a smile. Mom was pushing me to buy it and I kept telling to wait and see H2O, if she was a good sales person I would of bought it, no doubt about it.

We headed towards the teenager area, which is ideally located adjacent to the video Arcade. Be careful with that moms and dads, I witness one lady checking her son's account and nearly having a heart attack. Let it be said she was yelling at that kid like there was no tomorrow :D.

These pictures are on the way to the teenagers area.

DSC06215_zps0503c27e.jpg

DSC06216_zpse90f66c9.jpg

DSC06217_zps2134aac7.jpg

OHHHHHHH, those slides are fantastic!

DSC06218_zps54dfc28d.jpg

That weather makes everything look boring. No worries it changes :-)

DSC06219_zpsccf7712d.jpg

Anyone here got a chance to fly in one those babies? I think my granny did, but not sure.

DSC06220_zps8db124ad.jpg

The garden cafe has so much outside dinning space. It's just grate!

DSC06221_zps34494fdb.jpg

Right across the teen area is the uptown grill, it is essentially a mini buffet with burgers, hotdogs and such. They also serve breakfast. Overall I heard mixed reviews about this venue, with most complains being that the food was not hot enough. But my personal experience was great, I loved it every single time. I had the pleasure of having breakfast here with Island2island, they were kind enough to invite us over to their table. Was it island2 island? I confuse screen manes, please correct me if I am wrong. What a fun couple that they are.

DSC06223_zps80b1eaaa.jpg

DSC06222_zps554b65c1.jpg

DSC06224_zps2af807c2.jpg

From right there you can also see the rock wall, but if you want to climb you have to go one deck down 15. I never did it, I have thing about wearing helmets that are not mine. Don't look at me like that, we all have our funky things =).

Don't get me wrong, ill do it if I have to. But I just wad a bad experience once and try to avoid it after that.

DSC06225_zps3bdd52ea.jpg

So here is your video arcade,

What can I tell you about this area.. I never went there other than this time =)

DSC06227_zpsb4684fb6.jpg

DSC06228_zpscb7c714e.jpg

DSC06229_zps152e80c5.jpg

DSC06231_zps0ac8181e.jpg

DSC06234_zps156f3096.jpg

DSC06236_zps2efae6af.jpg

A lot of flashy lights I guess, lol. Arcades are so difficult to photograph.

Edited by gambee

I am horrible at this….

DSC06247_zpsb8e05504.jpg

DSC06248_zps43208ad6.jpg

Love the carpet.

DSC06249_zps09a22636.jpg

That's about it for this area, I never went back there. Its been a long time since I was on my teens and as I much as I dream about time travel… Well we all know that is not going to happen :D. Time goes by so fast! So no Gambee, only in your dreams.

So the teenager area is right next to the H2O adult only area, ironic right? But no worries the two never get mixed up. I tried to get some pics but it was raining again, so this is all I was able to get.

DSC06257_zpsa690b748.jpg