Conceirege State Room Questions

Beantown Momma

We're getting ready to book a Western Carribbean Cruise on DCL. Our last cruise was on DCL Dream Stateroom 11004 (conceirge level) ~ loved that room as the verandah was on the bump and we had the extra deck space...we're going on the Fantasy for our next cruise and the only concierge level room available is 1100 (in between a one bedroom stateroom and the spa). I was told by a Disney Rep that this room is a handicap stateroom...

I have three questions:

1.) Anyone know if the verandah is the same size as the other family staterooms in that category?

2.) Being next to the spa area, is that stateroom noisy?

3.) Is the view on the verandah obstructed in any way due to the fact that it's so close to the front of the ship?...

Thanks!

I can't answer your questions but have one to ask you. Does DCL promise that you will get to keep that cabin no matter what? I've heard of people who booked handicapped rooms and were moved when someone who needed such a room booked. I don't know what DCLs policy is but it would be ashame to book this and then find you would be somewhere else.

The balconies on deck 12 are 4.5 deep. The ones on 11 are deeper. I'll guess by 3 feet, so 7 feet deep. As you experienced the ones on bump-out are deeper. This specific HA cabin seems to be partially on bump. So I would say you will have a little of both. Have you seen this photo? Balcony should have no obstructions, however they do have that window/deck washing cart thingy that they park somewhere. I usually see it aft of the suites.

This cabin may not have a tub and other furniture as other cat V's.

It is larger though.

You do have the lockers rooms across hall so I would bet traffic would be more than 12, but you had a stateroom here before. I don't believe the Spa would add any noise to this location. Well, it is the couples spa villa just forward of you, so you could hear some adult noises possibly. ;)

The position of the veranda and bump for 11000 may allow for a better view forward w/o sticking you head out of window.

Did you have any issues with noise echoing around in deck 11 enclosed balconies on previous sailing?

What about smoke lingering in outdoor enclosure?

What month/year are you booking?

Consider the wait list for openings. Folks do move around a bit.

HTH

458bddbe.jpg

I called DCL back a little while ago and asked what happens if they need the room and was told by Rep that we would not get switched (b/c it's the last Cat V available for the time we want to cruise and the room isn't being held back). The pictures posted by Bear3412 are a huge help, especially the interior photo's of Dream 11000. Not sure were you found them, I looked all over the internet earlier this evening w/ no luck! Bummed that the Verandah appears to be smaller, but compared to 11004, this room looks likes there's more ample space. My DH will be happy that he doesn't have to squeeze between the desk and the pull-out couch (or) crawl over the pull out couch, and risk banging his head on the puii-down bed from the ceiling and waking the kids up to gain access to the verandah...Thanks! : )

I can't answer your questions but have one to ask you. Does DCL promise that you will get to keep that cabin no matter what? I've heard of people who booked handicapped rooms and were moved when someone who needed such a room booked. I don't know what DCLs policy is but it would be ashame to book this and then find you would be somewhere else.

No, DCL does not promise you the same cabin no matter what. However, they have to give you at least the level that you paid for OR NICER. That's usually not an issue in concierge as there are relatively few "nicer" cabins and they are usually booked These cabins have different cancellation requirements than standard staterooms, so are vacated much more rarely.

Yes, we've seen the Roy suite available for an upgrade at the terminal, but that was due to a sudden illness in the family who had booked it!

Since OP knows this is the last cat V available for his/her date, it is extremely unlikely they would be moved (upgrade or otherwise) as a whole series of events would be necessary to make it happen--someone would have to cancel another cabin of cat V or better AND someone would have to need to HA facilities.

Any concierge stateroom located on deck 11 (or) 12, on the ships bump, will get you a slightly bigger verandah by default. The concierge lounge is on deck 12...Unlike non-conceirge level staterooms, once you put down a deposit on a concierge stateroom, it is non-reundable so if you have a few staterooms to choose from, make sure it's the stateroom you really want b/4 you make a commitment. If your 1st choice stateroom in that category is unavailable at time of booking, you can keep checking back to see if a stateroom in the same category level becomes available and they will switch you at no charge....Good Luck & Enjoy your cruise! : )

• 2 weeks later...
We're getting ready to book a Western Carribbean Cruise on DCL. Our last cruise was on DCL Dream Stateroom 11004 (conceirge level) ~ loved that room as the verandah was on the bump and we had the extra deck space...we're going on the Fantasy for our next cruise and the only concierge level room available is 1100 (in between a one bedroom stateroom and the spa). I was told by a Disney Rep that this room is a handicap stateroom...

I have three questions:

1.) Anyone know if the verandah is the same size as the other family staterooms in that category?

2.) Being next to the spa area, is that stateroom noisy?

3.) Is the view on the verandah obstructed in any way due to the fact that it's so close to the front of the ship?...

Thanks!

Question? Do you have any pictures of room 11004 veranda or the room itself? Or know where I can locate those. I have this booked for Sept. & I have researched high & low to no avail. Thank you.

• 2 years later...

most cruise lines MAY hold back the HA rooms for a period or not allow you to book them on the internet, you may have to call. But this being the last room in the category, DCL has released the room for anyone to book so you would not be moved, unless, as stated above, a whole host of events occur. I thought most HA rooms were first come, first serve.