Just off Majesty...mini review

Just off Majesty for a three-nighter. I have been on all other classes of RCCL since my last jaunt on her which was about 9 years ago. My most recent cruise was on Oasis (I loved it!)

The Good:

Still a great three day get-away

She is clean

Service was good and friendly

CocoCay was gorgeous (even with tendering I like it better than labadee)

Food was good (not great, but good enough)

Embarkation at Miami was super quick and easy

The crowd was very nice and well mannered

The OK

Not disability friendly at all. There is a weird thing between fourth and fifth floors and you can't get to sorrentos or deli from windjammer if you can't walk up stairs (I guess this is a sign of it's age)

Comparing to Oasis (I know, this is comparting apples to oranges)

• elevators are slow
    layout is not user friendly
    You can't check your bill on tv

These a minor issues

The kids (Teens and pre-teens) were pretty bored. I would not go for more than a weekend on this ship with them

THE BAD

Disembarking was a total nightmare. We tried to get off at 8:30 and the line to get off of the ship was crazy. Customs only had 4 lines open (we were told that this is sequestration in action). We are platinum and it took over an hour to disembark. People we know who got off after us took 2 hours

A gate agent said that she tells her friends to walk off right when the ship clears to avoid this craziness (go get breakfast ashore!)

BOTTOM LINE

Pleasantly surprised that the ship looked as good as it did. It was a fun three night vacation (the weather did cooperate). I would go again in a minute

We were on the Majesty the week before you, a four nighter cruise to Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. We had a toilet that seemed to be having trouble. The first morning aboard, we reported it to be proactive and avoid problems. Coming home late that night, we found that it hadn't been fixed and it wasn't working at all! They put us in another room WAAAY down the hall ( it was about midnight ) and didn't even apologize, they were very apathetic.

They said someone would help us move, but no one ever showed ( we didn't wait around ) I discovered in the new room the carpet was pretty wet in some places. We found out from a coworker on the ship before us that there was a backup of sewage on the trip prior to us....Thanks Royal, for your POOR customer service!! Food was terrible, but at least I didn't gain weight. We must say our dining waiter was fantastic, Ray was a shining star on the ship.

Archived