Reflection double sofa bed, really??

Deb0702

I've just talked to Celebrity (again) about our 1A cabin that has a sofa bed (a square on the deck plan). Two Celebrity reps have tried to assure me that our cabin has a "double sofa bed".

But I'm concerned because I can't confirm this independently. Is it really a fold out double sofa bed like the kind you might have at home? Or is it a single sofa bed and a single trundle underneath?

I don't feel confident with the info that Celebrity is giving me after reading about Reflection sofa beds here on CC. Can anyone tell me more? Our teenage son is sharing the cabin with us and he is 6'4". I think he would be fine in a true double sofa bed or a single Pullman (he's slept in those before). But he might have real issues with the single sofa or trundle set up like I've seen pictures of posted here.

Does anyone have more info about this so-called "double sofa bed"?? :confused:

My understanding is it is a double sofa bed. Because when I was trying to book the trip, we had to search the deck plans to find a 4 person cabin which had the sofa & a Pullman because there was no way my sons were going to share a sofa bed.

Our family of 4 stayed in cabin 9237 (1A) on the Equinox (sister ship). The couch (basically twin size for one person only) doubles for a bed when the cabin steward adds a thin mattress type topper and sheets and blankets. Underneath that couch is the trundle that pulls out and also sleeps one. In 9237 we also had a pullman above the couch that could sleep a 5th person. We did not use the trundle as when it was pulled out there was no floor space and therefore we could not access the balcony. They used the pullman and the couch/bed. There aren't any cabins that I am aware of that have a double sofa bed.The Celebrity representatives on the phone rarely have accurate information.

I'm not sure if I explained this very well but if you have any more questions I will try and answer.

1A cabins are in a wonderful location. Both of my sons thought the beds were comfortable. One son is 5'7" and slept on the pullman from above and my 6'0" son slept on the couch/bed as it was longer than the pullman.

1A cabins are in a wonderful location. Both of my sons thought the beds were comfortable. One son is 5'7" and slept on the pullman from above and my 6'0" son slept on the couch/bed as it was longer than the pullman.

We have cabin 9266. It's good to hear that the sofa is a bit longer. There were some pictures posted recently of a sofa bed turned down and I started to worry. In the pictures the bed looks very narrow and short. I am skeptical the reps know what they're talking about.

Our family of 4 stayed in cabin 9237 (1A) on the Equinox (sister ship). The couch (basically twin size for one person only) doubles for a bed when the cabin steward adds a thin mattress type topper and sheets and blankets. Underneath that couch is the trundle that pulls out and also sleeps one. In 9237 we also had a pullman above the couch that could sleep a 5th person. We did not use the trundle as when it was pulled out there was no floor space and therefore we could not access the balcony. They used the pullman and the couch/bed. There aren't any cabins that I am aware of that have a double sofa bed.The Celebrity representatives on the phone rarely have accurate information.

I'm not sure if I explained this very well but if you have any more questions I will try and answer.

I agree that you cannot trust the reps to have accurate information. I and two friends (3 women) cruised on the Century a few years ago. My friend booked via phone with Celebrity for a room with two beds and a sofabed. When I looked at the deck plan, I didn't see a sofa bed. I emailed Celebrity to recheck, so there'd be no surprises when we got on board. Well... got on board and voila, there were only two beds. Of course, I had a copy of my email. Unfortunately, the ship was supposedly fully booked. Two days after we sailed, they "found" another cabin and we were able to split up between two cabins. But since then I trust my instincts, not the rep.

Archived