Jet Ski - with Island Marketing or Fat Fish?

SmileEh

I posted this as a post in another thread but did not get a reply... if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

We are planning to do a jet ski excusion in Jan 2014... the jet ski excursion thru Island Marketing is $95.00 and thru Fat Fish its $125.00... what do you get extra with Fat Fish as its an additional 30 bucks?? I don't see lunch being included in either so that can't be it? If nothing is different why would anyone pay the extra money :confused:

Just from looking at their website descriptions:

Fat Fish promotes a 2.5 hour tour with stops at the Stingrays, Starfish Beach, and a mangrove tour. Ground transport from the port area is included. Snorkeling gear is provided.

Island Marketing promotes a 2.0 hour tour with stops at the Stingrays and Rum Point. There is no mention of ground transport from the port area being included. Snorkeling gear is provided.

So the Fat Fish tour is a little bit longer and includes a ride through the mangroves. (NOTE: The mangroves are a protected area. During this part of the tour jet skis MUST be driven s-l-o-w-l-y.)

Also, Fat Fish stops at Starfish Beach while Island Marketing stops at Rum Point. There are facilities at Rum Point (gift shop, bar, restaurant, restrooms with fresh water showers, beach chairs) but none at Starfish Beach.

The biggest difference I see is ground transportation. I would suggest asking about ground transport if you choose to go with Island Marketing. The resort they depart from is not on the regular bus line so you might need to include taxi fare in your cost comparison if Island Marketing does not include it.

Just from looking at their website descriptions:

Fat Fish promotes a 2.5 hour tour with stops at the Stingrays, Starfish Beach, and a mangrove tour. Ground transport from the port area is included. Snorkeling gear is provided.

Island Marketing promotes a 2.0 hour tour with stops at the Stingrays and Rum Point. There is no mention of ground transport from the port area being included. Snorkeling gear is provided.

So the Fat Fish tour is a little bit longer and includes a ride through the mangroves. (NOTE: The mangroves are a protected area. During this part of the tour jet skis MUST be driven s-l-o-w-l-y.)

Also, Fat Fish stops at Starfish Beach while Island Marketing stops at Rum Point. There are facilities at Rum Point (gift shop, bar, restaurant, restrooms with fresh water showers, beach chairs) but none at Starfish Beach.

The biggest difference I see is ground transportation. I would suggest asking about ground transport if you choose to go with Island Marketing. The resort they depart from is not on the regular bus line so you might need to include taxi fare in your cost comparison if Island Marketing does not include it.

Thanks for the great amount of information! Since we have already seen starfish and mangroves in other parts of the Caribbean I think I'd like to grab a drink at rum point... I've just read reviews about how nice it is... so does anybody know how much a taxi would cost to get to the excusion pick up with Island Marketing Wave Runner Stingray City Rum Point Tour?

This is what the website says about where I have to go:

The Grand Cayman Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure starts from a beautiful Resort found a short 15 minute drive from the Port of George Town

Anybody know?

I've done the tour with Island Mktg LTD ... The transport is $5/person & is reserved at the time you make the reservation.

You will meet the driver outside the port terminal past Hard Rock. The driver is a taxi driver and was the same person that processed our waivers and payment at the beach. She will be waiting for you when you return from your tour. She'll give you 10 mins or so to collect your stuff and use the outdoor shower by the resort pool. She will drop you off adjacent to the cruise terminal.

Here were the instructions they provided when we met her in the morning ...

Meeting Location/Transport Information:

The pre-arranged Transportation is provided by the Stingray City Wave Runners Adventure from the Church located next to the Blue Iguana Outlet Store located in George Town on the waterfront. Please Note: The Blue Iguana Outlet is not providing the transport, it is only the meeting area for the pickup.

The Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet is a 2 minute walk from the South Cruise Ship Terminal or a 4 minute walk from the North Cruise Ship Terminal and a 5 minute walk from the Royal Watler Terminal. The Blue Iguana Outlet is LOCATED 1 SHOP SOUTH OF THE HARD ROCK CAFE. You will be able to see the shops sign as your tender approaches shore,on the right side of the Tender.

Everything worked perfectly & we had a blast ... def 100% recommend this tour and the transport option.

We have been on an excursion with Fat Fish 3 times! We have had a wonderful experience each time. They give us a discount for being a repeat customer and military. I would recommend that everyone have their own jet ski. It is much more fun that way!

I've done the tour with Island Mktg LTD ... The transport is $5/person & is reserved at the time you make the reservation.

You will meet the driver outside the port terminal past Hard Rock. The driver is a taxi driver and was the same person that processed our waivers and payment at the beach. She will be waiting for you when you return from your tour. She'll give you 10 mins or so to collect your stuff and use the outdoor shower by the resort pool. She will drop you off adjacent to the cruise terminal.

Here were the instructions they provided when we met her in the morning ...

Meeting Location/Transport Information:

The pre-arranged Transportation is provided by the Stingray City Wave Runners Adventure from the Church located next to the Blue Iguana Outlet Store located in George Town on the waterfront. Please Note: The Blue Iguana Outlet is not providing the transport, it is only the meeting area for the pickup.

The Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet is a 2 minute walk from the South Cruise Ship Terminal or a 4 minute walk from the North Cruise Ship Terminal and a 5 minute walk from the Royal Watler Terminal. The Blue Iguana Outlet is LOCATED 1 SHOP SOUTH OF THE HARD ROCK CAFE. You will be able to see the shops sign as your tender approaches shore,on the right side of the Tender.

Everything worked perfectly & we had a blast ... def 100% recommend this tour and the transport option.

Do you have the web link to this?

After the tour, did the transportation bring you back to the cruise pier/town or did you have to arrange your own taxi back?

For Island Mktg LTD, the driver will be waiting for you when you return from your tour. She'll give you 10 mins or so to collect your stuff and use the outdoor shower by the resort pool. She will drive you back to port & drop you off adjacent to the cruise terminal.

You pay the driver in cash ... $5 / person

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the great amount of information! Since we have already seen starfish and mangroves in other parts of the Caribbean I think I'd like to grab a drink at rum point... I've just read reviews about how nice it is... so does anybody know how much a taxi would cost to get to the excusion pick up with Island Marketing Wave Runner Stingray City Rum Point Tour?

This is what the website says about where I have to go:

The Grand Cayman Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure starts from a beautiful Resort found a short 15 minute drive from the Port of George Town

Anybody know?

I Believe it's $5.pp each way so say $20

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is the beach area is nice and has anyone spent the afternoon there?

It's very pretty & quiet, and I don't recall there really being anyone on the beach. The hotel has a restaraunt and bar near the pool, but I didn't see anything like beach service nor do I really recall there being beach chairs - could have been there (stacked up).

Here is a link to the hotel and they have pictures of the property ...

http://www.grandcaymanian.ky/photo-gallery.html

• 3 weeks later...

My dh and I are thinking of doing the Stingray City Wave Runner Tour with Rum Point stop. Someone mentioned that there are stores at Rum Point. How could we bring purchases back? Do I need to invest in some sort of waterproof bag?

Someone mentioned that there are stores at Rum Point. How could we bring purchases back? Do I need to invest in some sort of waterproof bag?

There is a store...singular...at Rum Point. It's a small, touristy gift shop. They have a few nice t-shirts and things, but I wouldn't really call it a serious shopping opportunity...

• 10 months later...

We are looking at Fat Fish tour. My question is one jet ski or two, cost is not an issue, my ability to handle the jet ski is. I am 57 and not very athletic, when we go on motor cycle I am always a passenger. I hear so many say single is the way to go my question is why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums