Help needed. Hotel needed, free shuttle from Airport to hotel

sassy~one

then hotel to cruise port.

Is there any way for me to check this?

thanks

It would help a WHOLE lot if you were to tell us which port/ship, etc.

This board covers a whole lot of ports--Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, etc.

The advice will differ greatly depending on which city you are talking about!

LOL YES you are right.

LAX airport, and the Disney Wonder departing Sept 14. I do believe that is the port of l a.

thanks so much

Ahhh...

I'm taking it that you just plan on flying in one day before the cruise?

First thing to understand is that NO hotels in LA will offer you free shuttles both LAX to the hotel and hotel to the cruise terminal...Too far...LAX is 20 miles from the cruise terminal in San Pedro.

Hotels in the immediate vicinity of LAX usually have free shuttles from the LAX terminals to the hotel...

But those hotels near LAX are not really great places to stay--unless maybe just for one night before an early morning flight out. The neighborhood is industrial/airport-related with virtually no restaurants other than the hotel restaurant and nothing walkable or attractive nearby.

What would be preferred is to stay in San Pedro. Get the 20 mile freeway trip out of the way right away. Then, you can get up at your leisure the morning of the cruise with no long ride or stressful timing to worry about.

Take a shuttle, taxi or car service from LAX to San Pedro...Then stay in one of two recommended hotels: The Crowne Plaza San Pedro or the Doubletree San Pedro:

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/san-pedro/laxpv/hoteldetail

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-san-pedro-port-of-los-angeles-LGBSPDT/index.html

BOTH will shuttle you for free from hotel to the Cruise Terminal in the morning...

The Crowne Plaza is in Downtown San Pedro, just a couple of blocks from the pier and in the center of a whole lot of good restaurant choices.

The Doubletree is a little farther away, in a more relaxed and scenic setting on the Marina...but the hotel will shuttle you to restaurants as well...

Those would be my two choices...

Archived