B2B for #9 and #10...VIP for both???

We were on the Splendor in Fab this year for 48 days, made up of 3 legs. There were 900 B2B2B'ers. Nobody that we talked to got Platinum until the leg where they hit 75 days. Same for Gold at 25 days. If you get it on your 9th cruise that will be great, but don't let it get you down if not. John

We were on the Splendor in Fab this year for 48 days, made up of 3 legs. There were 900 B2B2B'ers. Nobody that we talked to got Platinum until the leg where they hit 75 days. Same for Gold at 25 days. If you get it on your 9th cruise that will be great, but don't let it get you down if not. John

It won't get me down, I really don't care, I don't cruise for the perks anyway. Perks are just added bonuses. But if you had 900 B2B2B cruisers and they told you they didn't get platinum till day 75, someone is lying. You don't need 75 day to get platinum, you need 10 cruises. Have you not read this thread where other people have received it ? Why would my boarding pass say platinum ?

It won't get me down, I really don't care, I don't cruise for the perks anyway. Perks are just added bonuses. But if you had 900 B2B2B cruisers and they told you they didn't get platinum till day 75, someone is lying. You don't need 75 day to get platinum, you need 10 cruises. Have you not read this thread where other people have received it ? Why would my boarding pass say platinum ?

The New VIFP program is based on days sailed, not cruises. You are being grandfathered in with 10 cruises. That option expires Dec 31, 2013. Most of those 900 B2B2B'er, had sailed only a few times on Carnival or not at all. So, they needed 25 days for Gold or 75 for Platinum. On a 3-leg, 48 day cruise, everyone made Gold, but not until the 2nd leg if they didn't have at least 8 days when they boarded in Long Beach.

Since you have Platinum on your boarding pass, then you are set. Good luck and have fun! John

The New VIFP program is based on days sailed, not cruises. You are being grandfathered in with 10 cruises. That option expires Dec 31, 2013. Most of those 900 B2B2B'er, had sailed only a few times on Carnival or not at all. So, they needed 25 days for Gold or 75 for Platinum. On a 3-leg, 48 day cruise, everyone made Gold, but not until the 2nd leg if they didn't have at least 8 days when they boarded in Long Beach.

Since you have Platinum on your boarding pass, then you are set. Good luck and have fun! John

Ok, thanks

I booked a B2B the other day for November/December on the Fascination. Tonight both sets of luggage tags say priority and both sets of documents say Platinum beside my name.

An unexpected surprise! At first I thought the guy who did my booking added the priority for my birthday :D at the time I booked I honestly couldn't remember what cruise number I was on.

Just looked at my boarding pass, it to says priority. It also says platinum, and this is on the first leg of my B2B.

Good for you!! Happy Dance!! My docs still say "Gold"...I guess I am Priority on #9 due to the FTTF. Oh, well...fun will still be had by all!! (;

Good for you!! Happy Dance!! My docs still say "Gold"...I guess I am Priority on #9 due to the FTTF. Oh, well...fun will still be had by all!! (;

Exactly, it's not the status that makes the fun. I've had fun every cruise so far.

I booked a B2B the other day for November/December on the Fascination. Tonight both sets of luggage tags say priority and both sets of documents say Platinum beside my name.

An unexpected surprise! At first I thought the guy who did my booking added the priority for my birthday :D at the time I booked I honestly couldn't remember what cruise number I was on.

*jealous* (:

Archived