B2B for #9 and #10...VIP for both???

I am taking my first B2B cruise in Dec and read here that some people have gotten VIP for #9 and #10!! Is there anyone out there that has NOT gotten the VIP for #9 in a B2B situation on Carnival??????

My luggage tags are "Priority" for both, but I added the FTTF for #9 for the perks. Is that why I am Priority for #9?

We did a b2b (#s 9 & 10). Had priority on luggage tags and boarding docs. We're sent to the VIP lounge to check in and got our platinum cards for #9. Got platinum gifts on both legs. Weren't expecting that.

Disclaimer: Your experience may vary.

Check your luggage tags for your 1st leg on carnival.com...if they say "PRIORITY", then your VIP for both. (from what I understand!)

Their luggage tags do say "PRIORITY" for #9, but she had already added FTTF.

OP - we also had VIP Priority Status on #9 of our 2013 B2B and received all of the Platinum perks on both cruises.

You should see if you can get a refund for the FTTF as you've just wasted $50.

We are doing B2B in December, being our 9th & 10th. I talked with my PVP because someone here mentioned you needed to fill out some sort of form so the 1st would get posted right away, then you'd get Platinum on the 2nd. My PVP said she'd take care of it.

Next time I went into my documents, both showed Priority!! So we, too, will be Platinum for both trips. She took care of it alright!!

Yipee!!!!:D;):rolleyes:

OP - we also had VIP Priority Status on #9 of our 2013 B2B and received all of the Platinum perks on both cruises.

Thats what I thought!! Already have a call in to Carnival to remove it6. Just wanted to double check what my CC peeps think!!

Crazy.cruzer is the OP, they were just letting me know to check mine

My sister is currently having this problem for our upcoming b2b. The people we've spoken to at CCL (all four of them) said this is not doable. They were able to do the form so that as soon as we're done the first leg, it will immediately register her as Platinum for the second, since it normally takes a few days to update in their systems.

We must be a minority because we did not get priority boarding for our b2b and it was our 9th and 10th.

As a matter of fact we had to go to guest services for the second cruise, get a new card because they gave us a gold card, also did not get a platinum gift on the 10th cruise, had to go to guest service, no chocolate covered strawberries, etc. In other words...nothing without going to guest services.

I guess you see where I am going. The only reason we even got the stuff on the 10th cruise is because I had our cruise history and had to speak to a supervisor to finally get it resolved.

That was on the Fascination.

You will not be platinum on the ninth cruise.....this same thing just happened with me in December. We did a back-to-back on the Ecstasy and Sensation. On the Ecstasy I was gold VIFP status and then on the Sensation I was Platinum VIFP status.

I contacted Carnival prior to leaving for the cruise and made sure that when I boarded the Sensation for our 10th cruise that I would be platinum. After 3 trips to guest services I finally got it squared away and was platinum

I wonder of it has anything to do with being on the same ship for both cruises. From reading the above postings, it looks like the ones that didn't have it for the first cruise were on two different ships on their Back to Backs.

I wonder of it has anything to do with being on the same ship for both cruises. From reading the above postings, it looks like the ones that didn't have it for the first cruise were on two different ships on their Back to Backs.

I don't think so considering I was on the Fascination on a b2b for cruise numbers 9 and 10 and had all kinds of problems getting our platinum even for the 10th cruise as I stated above.

We have a B2B on the Glory in 2 weeks. One daughter will become Platinum on the first leg, all her docs say "Priority". My second daughter will become Platinum on the second leg, her docs say nothing. We've talked to Carnival a few times to get everything linked so hopefully we can board together. Carnival says, she becomes Platinum after the first leg, but it takes 4 or 5 days for everything to catch up, so she may have to go to guest services to get a new card and the perks.

We must be a minority because we did not get priority boarding for our b2b and it was our 9th and 10th.

As a matter of fact we had to go to guest services for the second cruise, get a new card because they gave us a gold card, also did not get a platinum gift on the 10th cruise, had to go to guest service, no chocolate covered strawberries, etc. In other words...nothing without going to guest services.

I guess you see where I am going. The only reason we even got the stuff on the 10th cruise is because I had our cruise history and had to speak to a supervisor to finally get it resolved.

That was on the Fascination.

Ditto for us we had to do the same on the Imagination for our 9th and 10th.

I just asked my PVP about getting Platinum on the 2nd cruise & she said she'd take care of it. Sounds to me like some PVP's are willing to go the extra mile while others are not. Be persistant!! Keep calling until you get the results you want!! Even though its frustrating, be nice to them. It helps you get what you want!!! Good luck!!

You will not be platinum on the ninth cruise.....this same thing just happened with me in December. We did a back-to-back on the Ecstasy and Sensation. On the Ecstasy I was gold VIFP status and then on the Sensation I was Platinum VIFP status.

I contacted Carnival prior to leaving for the cruise and made sure that when I boarded the Sensation for our 10th cruise that I would be platinum. After 3 trips to guest services I finally got it squared away and was platinum

Doing B2B on two different ships is not the same, I wouldn't think I would get it on the 9th cruise then. But other people who have done B2B on the same ship have received that. My luggage tags say priority for some reason. To be honest I really don't care. Guess I will find out soon enough.

Doing B2B on two different ships is not the same, I wouldn't think I would get it on the 9th cruise then. But other people who have done B2B on the same ship have received that. My luggage tags say priority for some reason. To be honest I really don't care. Guess I will find out soon enough.

Mine was on the same ship and had a heck of a time getting Platinum perks period...even on the 10th and no priority boarding.

Mine was on the same ship and had a heck of a time getting Platinum perks period...even on the 10th and no priority boarding.

I understand some people did get it, and some people did not. I guess I will find out. Did your luggage tags say priority ? Mine say priority and they say FTTF.

Somehow I think you may have fallen through the cracks since you also had a hard time even getting recognition on your 10th cruise. I can understand not getting Platinum status on #9 if you are on 2 different ships, but your should have received it. Very happy we did and very sorry you didn't.

I was truly surprised when I checked our luggage tags for cruise #9 and it was priority. I thought I'd receive Platinum status on #10.

Archived