For/Against the "FunPhone" App

Are you For/Against the "FunPhone" App?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you For/Against the "FunPhone" App?

• I think this app is a great idea!
    • Nope. I don't really care for this idea.

I downloaded the app last night, and will probably check it out the first day onboard, but I like to ditch the phone in the safe, unless I'm listening to music, so I don't think I'll really use it, although I think its a great idea.

Is there an Android version.

Does it affect your roaming/data roaming charges?

Yes there is a Android version available in Play store, You turn off Data and Voice and just leave wifi on

If it was just me and one other person cruising I doubt I would use it as I would probably be with them most of the time anyway, and I'm sure this category covers a lot of cruisers.

However, this app is more geared towards those with teenage kids who are off doing their own thing, and people in large groups.

I'm doing a group cruise next year on the Breeze and depending on price I could totally see myself using this to find out where people are and/or tell them where I am and get them to join me. That "chat" (text) feature looks great for that and wouldn't bother anyone.

NOW.. if Carnival put the funtimes on it, and also a way to book stuff like excursions/steakhouse reservations... AND put a way to access and check my sign and sail balance... well. I would think that would be worth it for sure.

I think it is a fantastic idea, I was actually thinking about getting those annoying walkie-talkies to stay in touch with my DH!

The major problem that I can see with this is people not turning off their roaming and getting charged by their cell companies.

It looks like they removed it. It was a beta version and perhaps they wanted to update it or they didn't want so many downloading that version.

I'm looking forward to using it on our July Brezze cruise. I hate having to keep up with the paper copy of the fun times so a digital copy will be much more convenient. Plus it will be nice to be able to communicate with the wife and friends while on board when we are on different parts of the ship.

My feeling is I am on vacation and the last thing I want is friends and family texting me all the time, where you at???? Instead of enjoying myself now I have to go here' there and everywhere......sorry dinners at 6 see you there.

Sorry we all did a weekend in Vegas and about every time i sat down to gamble or hit the pool my presence was required to go stand and wait somewhere via text!!!

It might be my job to connect companies for communication but last thing I even want to do on a ship.

But for parents I could understand the need, or not :) if you tell your kids meet us here at 3 why the need to text?

My feeling is I am on vacation and the last thing I want is friends and family texting me all the time, where you at???? Instead of enjoying myself now I have to go here' there and everywhere......sorry dinners at 6 see you there.

Sorry we all did a weekend in Vegas and about every time i sat down to gamble or hit the pool my presence was required to go stand and wait somewhere via text!!!

It might be my job to connect companies for communication but last thing I even want to do on a ship.

But for parents I could understand the need, or not :) if you tell your kids meet us here at 3 why the need to text?

Kids tend to, umm, lose track of time. :)

Archived