Brought wine onboard Star

DebInTN

You may get it confiscated you may not. Why not just take it all on honestly. It's still cheaper than buying wine on board. There was an earlier thread when someone had wine in their checked bags and it was destroyed. I think we just gotta go with their rules at the moment and if we have to pay then so be it. :-(

Perhaps they are only doing it at embarkation in the U.S. (some ports only at this point). Hopefully Europe embarkation will stay the same until we get on in Barcelona at the end of September.

I hope so Pia as we sail at beginning of September:) would hate to not have the wine on our balcony!

You may get it confiscated you may not. Why not just take it all on honestly. It's still cheaper than buying wine on board. There was an earlier thread when someone had wine in their checked bags and it was destroyed. I think we just gotta go with their rules at the moment and if we have to pay then so be it. :-(

I plan on paying but if we got away with it then great! Why not at least try haha

Thank you for all those pax who have already experienced the new wine policy. We will be bringing on our own wine per usual and will gladly pay the $15/bottle instead of having to drink what they offer at $30+/bottle. We enjoy drinking it on the balcony in the late afternoon before dinner as the sun sets. Our next port of departure is San Francisco.

We'll be on the Carib. out of Southampton in a couple weeks. With a stay in London pre cruise. I was planning on purchaseing four bottles of wine before boarding. Figured that wouldn't be a problem as Dh and I each would carry on two.

After reading all these posts, I am totally turned off. So if we would carry on two each they actually keep track some way of what we are bringing on board? This sounds crazy and I'd think we won't be the only ones who are grumbling. The idea of paying corkage for wine we will drink in our room, is... :rolleyes:

If we have a gift of wine delivered to our room from our daughter, are we expected to pay corkage on it in the dining room?

gifts of wine are purchased from Princess and shouldn't be part of the corkage fee

Hopefully Princess is putting that $15 fee towards the tips shared amongst the waiters/waitresses.

We are leaving next week for a 14 day trip, and I don't think we can handle bringing on 14 bottles of wine at embarkation. Do they let you bring on additional wine at each port subject to the $15 corkage fee each time? If we rent a car in Juneau, we could easily go to a store there to buy something to bring back on the ship.

Last time we sailed 14 days on HAL, they allowed you to bring on unlimited wine at every single port. That was nice, because we liked buying a lot of the smaller bottles that were single serve sizes. That really spoiled us.

FYI: Wal-mart sells for a buck a pretty decent wine bottle carrier that holds 4 bottles.

Archived