AmaWaterways Announcement: Europe Water Levels

AmaWaterways

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

Our expert team in Europe and Los Angeles are closely monitoring the current conditions across affected areas in Europe on a continuous basis.

As always, our number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

We appreciate that you have questions and would like to direct you to our website home page for the most up-to-date announcements for upcoming cruises.

Please visit http://www.AmaWaterways.com and for questions you can always call us at 800-626-0126.

We thank you for reading this message and for your patience during this time.

Warm Regards,

AmaWaterways Customer Relations

At least AMA is giving out some info. As far as I can tell Vantage has been completely mum about everything.

Check their website...they are not mum. The vast majority of river cruisers do not access CC but use the companies websites to get information.

Check their website...they are not mum. The vast majority of river cruisers do not access CC but use the companies websites to get information.

I think what the real issue has been since the beginning of the flooding in Europe was for Many (make that most) for the first 4 - 5 - and even 6 days for some of the River Cruise lines getting info was impossible and searches of their websites yielded ZILCH.... It took a very long time for most to even acknowledge that everything was anything other than "Wonderful" in the world of river cruising. That included postings here, on Facebook and ON THEIR OWN WEBSITES!!

There were some big exceptions of course.... When all is said and done I think many cruisers will sit down and really look at how this disaster was handled by each company and I think this will effect future travel plans for many!

I know it will for me.... Waiting and watching, you pay big bucks for an idiotic RiverCruise and a Bus tour is not in that travel plan! We will watch how the next few weeks sort out.

Once again feel so bad for the people in Europe effected by the historic flooding of the last week and sadly more rain is forecasted for some of the hardest hit areas. Amazingly some of the river cruise lines are still saying "business as usual".

Actually, I did and have checked their website. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because I can't see where Vantage has discussed this issue. If you could be so kind, please supply the link since you have evidently found this information. Thanks.

When all is said and done I think many cruisers will sit down and really look at how this disaster was handled by each company and I think this will effect future travel plans for many!

I know it will for me.... Waiting and watching, you pay big bucks for an idiotic RiverCruise and a Bus tour is not in that travel plan! We will watch how the next few weeks sort out.

Agree with your comments here.

Once you get behind the marketing hype for each line, you find out who really "walks the walk" and puts customers first.

As more information becomes available from cruisers returning offering their feedback on how the river line they were on handled this very tough situation, we'll all be able to get a good feel for how each line stepped up.

As with any board on CC, you'll also have to sift through the posts of the cheerleaders for particular lines (whether they have cruised that line already or have planned their first cruise with that line) and filter out feelings from facts.

As more information becomes available from cruisers returning offering their feedback on how the river line they were on handled this very tough situation, we'll all be able to get a good feel for how each line stepped up.

I agree that the most valuable feedback will be that of the returning passengers/affected passengers that have not yet sailed. Making assumptions of how situations were actually handled based on Facebook announcements or speculation does not have much value, IMO.

I hope the people in the cities and towns affected are safe and that things improve for them most of all.

Actually, I did and have checked their website. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because I can't see where Vantage has discussed this issue. If you could be so kind, please supply the link since you have evidently found this information. Thanks.

Their website is www.vantagetravel.com. Their high water info is about half way down the page titled CENTRAL EUROPE HIGH WATER UPDATE.

Archived