Teens sign and sail cards

mom2ajk

We leave in 18 days for our very first cruise. I have a question about these cards for teens. Our daughter is 13 and wants to put some money on her card for things like the candy store. Can we do this with cash? And does it have to be any certain amount? Thanks!!

We leave in 18 days for our very first cruise. I have a question about these cards for teens. Our daughter is 13 and wants to put some money on her card for things like the candy store. Can we do this with cash? And does it have to be any certain amount? Thanks!!

when our teens went with us 2 years ago, their sign and sail cards were linked to ours. I am not sure how that works if you want it seperated from yours. May have to call Carnival to have them do this.

Thank for the responses, she has her own money she has been saving plus we will give her some too. I will go to guest services and do it.

When I took my granddaughters last year, I was able to put a weekly limit on their cards, but not a daily one. They used about half, but had the freedom to get a soda or play in the arcade without having to run to grandma every time! Guest services will take care of it.

I did this with my granddaughter last year, I wanted to give her $100 so she could buy stuff on our cruise, it was linked to my account, guest services said that she would not be able to go over the $100, she only spent about $40, I am doing it again for our upcoming cruise, I was able to track her spending through the tv.

Many ships have kiosks for adding cash and/or checking your card balance without waiting in line at guest services.

Unless you've paid gratuities in advance she'll also need enough on her card to cover that. It is $11.50 per day, usually deducted as a lump sum on day 2.

Many ships have kiosks for adding cash and/or checking your card balance without waiting in line at guest services.

Unless you've paid gratuities in advance she'll also need enough on her card to cover that. It is $11.50 per day, usually deducted as a lump sum on day 2.

Thanks for letting me know about the kiosks ....the trip is a gift from husband's boss and they are taking care of the gratuities so that part is supposed to be taken care of.

Archived