Do I have a problem on Tahitian Princess??

datadr

Just completed arrangements for travel on TP 7/21/05.

Mini suites were no longer available. So I booked an Owners Suite. Suite Number came back 6002. Did a little research and learned that "supposedly" this suite is on the forward deck directly over the show lounge. You can hear the orchastra rehearsing, and during the show. Enough to wake you up, or keep you from sleeping.

Also, this suite "supposedly" has a view of the rope deck. Ocean view not available.

I find all this hard to believe that Princess would pull this on an Owners Suite reservation but I don't know.

Does anyone here have any direct experience with this suite, or any advice on how to find out.

Thanks in advance for your assistance..

Datadr.

You might want to check out the deck plan to get a sense of where the cabin is:

http://www.princess.com/ships/ta/deck/ta_deck_6_index.html

Looks from the plans like the balcony curves around to the side so you should have ocean views off to the side, even with the bow of the ship being below you. My only concern would be that balconies on the front of ships are usually too windy to be useable on sea days.

Roy,

After doing some research and having been on the ship before when it was the R3,, but not in an OS, we decided that deck 7 aft was the best way to go for our April 07 cruise.

They also seem to be the first ones to sell out.

Astrid

Astrid, I notice you are sailing in April 07 too..might I ask which sailing weeks and if pricing has been made avail to you from your agent? I have mine working on finding me best rates for anytime mid April thru beginning of May..just wondering?

Hi Datadr, just back from the TP cruise of June 13th. We stayed in the owner's suite 6091 which is located in the aft. You will enjoy the suite and the ship. My wife and I were surprised on the varity of ages of the passengers. The ship is small and you get to know everyone, because you see them everyday. I have sailed seven times and this was the most fun I have had. The only problem we had was the "milk". It does not have to be refridgerated and taste different, but the food overall was very good. Great pancakes and french toast in the morning. Also, there are no lines to wait in for the buffet. You will have a great cruise and I wish I was going to be on it. By the way, there are long lines at the airport to wait in on your return flight home and I would get there three hours in advance.

DoveCanyon:)

datadr, that cabin wouldn't be my first choice either...we were in an Owners Suite 8067 just before Xmas last year and it was AFT on Deck 8...very secluded and private with no one able to view into our balcony and not to mention the great views from the AFT.

Archived