Gem OS 9504 - What is enclosed balcony and is it part of the Haven

toyotaford

A friend decided to join us on the October 12 sailing on the Gem out of NYC and booked 9504. I just opened the email with the contract and it states in red "this cabin has an enclosed balcony". What does that mean? Also, we assumed this was a Haven cabin but forgot to ask. I will call my PCC Monday but figured someone on CC could answer before that. I just love CC.

An enclosed balcony means there is a portion of the metal hull that wraps around the edges of the balcony. The front balcony has metal around the sides and the front, while the side balcony has metal wrapped around the side and a metal section in the middle. It has never bothered us.

BTW, if you have a friend staying in the living room, be aware that there is a window between the side balcony and the bathroom. It can be a revelation if you are not prepared!:eek:

OwnersSuite_015aWEB.jpg.51dcb6dff78bfd205e8f3a633f6d6c05.jpg

1875319368_JewelsideBalcWEB.jpg.a5731eb745838e8788737ef63180ea49.jpg

There are some fairly good videos of Owners Suites on YouTube. Just search for Gem Owners Suite and you should be able to see the balcony.

With Google, I always search for Jewel class info (cabin etc) with this string:

From only this site:

site:cruisecritic.com ncl OR norwegian jewel OR pearl OR jade OR gem actual_search_here

Everywhere online (easier to find videos from Youtube etc):

ncl OR norwegian jewel OR pearl OR jade OR gem actual_search_here

Where "actual_search_here" is replaced for example in this case with "os video" thus resulting this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ncl+OR+norwegian+jewel+OR+pearl+OR+jade+OR+gem+os+video

It's always much better when you search for all the siblings as they are almost identical in many ways.

HTH, Happy cruising! :)

Archived