Julie, it was not fun, IMO it really was quite vicious. I was watching because I had a relative on the cruise and she has confirmed it was as Don said if not worse. She said she would never go on that ship again, not just because of the bad weather or the norovirus. It is good that on here people can make what they consider honest reviews, good or otherwise without being criticised.

I really don't want to get caught up in all this and have thought long and hard about posting about it, but to repeat myself, I just want to say I am so pleased that people on here (and the Thomson Cruise FB site) are so supportive of each other in giving facts and information and so friendly and chatty. Phew!

I guessed it was something like that from what Don had said & the fact that he was "removed" from the group - shame when it gets like that......hardly get any of that on here......as we're all generally a nice, happy bunch ;)

Its Fire and Ice on the Thomson Spirit, Norway, Lerwick, Torshavn and Iceland from Newcastle. Just hope the weather is ok (for the crossing and the ports of call):)

Lucky you, Jim - The Spirit is a great ship with great crew - lovely itinerary too; would love to do that one day but having 2 teenagers, it's better all round if we stick to hot cruises for now - I'm sure you'll be hooked & you will see some awesome scenery - I did a Fjords cruise a few years ago & it was spectacular!

I think thats the whole idea of it being an open forum ,so everyone can read and eventually ,maybe join us .

I know I spent maybe up to four months reading ,what others had put and working out "is cruising for me ? "

before I took the plunge and joined CC. :)

I think Facebook is ok for those who want it and I'm told it does have the option of private messaging ,so people do have a choice:) .

Me ? I'm happy with this site ,I leave all that FB to Mrs kalos :D

Even Jezza Kyle cringes at the mention of FB :rolleyes:;):D

I'm with you kalos.....I was on here a year...lurking

...would leave f/b to ms magot but she's too busy handing out (unwanted) sage advice on mums net

I guessed it was something like that from what Don had said & the fact that he was "removed" from the group - shame when it gets like that......hardly get any of that on here......as we're all generally a nice, happy bunch ;)

Yes, we are Julie. :):):).

Archived