Grand Cayman

Groliv

Hey folks!

One of our ports of call is Grand Cayman.

We only are scheduled to arrive @ 10am, and knowing this is a tender port, we figure we won't be ashore much before 11am (at best!). I know 7 mile public beach is a good 15 or 20 minute taxi ride away. Is there a closer access to the beach that is closer to the port ? Even if we have to pay a few dollars to a hotel. Don't want to pay a fortune since we arrive so late. Appreciate the help!:)

If you walked to the end of town to the right, the beach starts there. the taxi just brings you to a hotel where you can rent umbrellas. Its really not that far by taxi.

Id say relax, even if it takes 15 minutes to find a taxi and have him drive you 5 miles down the road, its not that long.

(if we were talking about a 45 minute taxi ride both ways, I would say look around, but 15 minutes isnt a long taxi ride, not really).

Hey folks!

One of our ports of call is Grand Cayman.

We only are scheduled to arrive @ 10am, and knowing this is a tender port, we figure we won't be ashore much before 11am (at best!). I know 7 mile public beach is a good 15 or 20 minute taxi ride away. Is there a closer access to the beach that is closer to the port ? Even if we have to pay a few dollars to a hotel. Don't want to pay a fortune since we arrive so late. Appreciate the help!:)

This doesn't quite answer your question but we just do a $5 or $6 PP taxi to Calico Jacks beach bar.Its really not a long ride maybe 15 minutes and we always have plenty of beach time and there are always taxis waiting to take you back to the ship. Food and drink is a little expensive anywhere on GC because the Cayman Dollar is worth more.We pack our own drinks and rent chairs from them

Love Grand Cayman! My favorite port. We got a taxi and for a few dollars had them take us to Royal Palms - about a three to five minute ride. (You can see the ship from the beach at Royal Palms.) There's a bar, restaurant, pool and beach with chairs and umbrellas to rent. Like another response said, the prices are more than what you'd find in some of the other ports. If you check the Grand Cayman port board, you'll find some info about Royal Palms. You can google the resort as well - plenty of pictures and info and webcams. Email them for current prices on umbrellas and chairs - it's been a year since I've been, so I'd hate to give you wrong info.

Archived