Mexican Rivera at Christmas

I am looking at taking the holiday Mexican Rivera cruise aboard the Visions of the Seas this year. I have a few questions for anyone out there. First How did you like Visions of the Seas? My husband and I took a Holiday cruise last year aboard Speldour and enjoyed that ship. The big questions I have is how hard was it to get from LAX to the port? We have liked to take a cab from ship to the airport but know that CA highways can be a bit crowded- understatement I know:eek: Suggestions on getting to and from? The weather. How is the weather leaving CA and returning. I know it's the weather- but what have you experienced in Dec/Jan.? Any other advice that you care to give about a Mexican Rivera cruise? Thanks!

We love the Vision, have been on her I think 4 times. She is almost exactly like the Splendour, so you will know your way around. From LAX to the port you can take SuperShuttle or Primetime Shuttle and book a private van for about $70 or so, enough room for your family. Takes about 40 minutes or so. You could also get a cab, plenty waiting outside. Can't help with Dec weather! It just varies...

You don't say where you are from, so the weather here in December is cold for us but may be warm for you. Temps in LA can range from low 60s to 80s depending on if it is raining or not. It can rain that time of the year, it did last year and boy it did rain! Once you get down to Cobo and points south it will be in the mid 80s. The first and last 2 sea days can be a little windy and chilly. Also it could be overcast. We have done this around Christmas 3 times and the weather was different all three times. But on average, it will be as I have stated.

Mike

Dobie and anyone else who has sailed the Vision in the past yr. or so - what kind of shape is she in? We are considering several different cruises and one of them is the Vision next March to the Mexican Riviera. Wondered if the temps would be comfortable at that time of year. Should we expect a lot of wind and coolness on the decks then? How does the Vision stack up to RCI's newer ships? Thanks for any info. :)

Our last cruise on the Vision OTS was in April this year. She is in great shape. April is one of the best months, as far as weather, not to hot and humid yet in Mexico. We have sailed the Vision 4 times and will sail her again August of 2006 in Alaska. Each class of ships has its own character. Search the threads, you will find many reviews on the Vision.

Mike

Archived