Sunshine propulsion issue pt 2

W8G4SUN

Arrived in Venice early, no more issues with propulsion. No flooding that I have seen, no sewer issues, other than the one my kid made by clogging the toilet. Sunshine is a fine ship, I hate to leave her tomorrow...

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The Sunshine (then Destiny) was my first cruise. She was having propulsion problems then. Made dinner very interesting. 5 day cruise to Nassau and back was a little disappointing. If its still having propulsion issues after the rebuild that's not a good thing. I'd think Carnival would want to limit their public opinion liability some.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes Sunshine is a great ship, until she breaks down with propulsion problems :D

A minor glitch that was communicated, solved and only minimal time was lost. Overall a great cruise, great itinerary, and for my first balcony cruise I will be back. Also, Cheers program was worth it for my adult children and their spouses, not for us older folk.

A minor glitch that was communicated, solved and only minimal time was lost. Overall a great cruise, great itinerary, and for my first balcony cruise I will be back. Also, Cheers program was worth it for my adult children and their spouses, not for us older folk.

The Sunshine has inherited the issues that plauged Destiny for many years. What Carnival should have done was pulled her from service and repaired these issues that have plauged her for the better part of a decade. But, this is a costly move and business was so good Carnival was able to get away with applying band aids as the issues came up. Destiny coming back as Sunshine was not random, but Carnival has not addressed these issues yet again which is disappointing. This is not the last we're going to hear about the Destiny/Sunshine's problems.

Tough to take out the azipods and replace them with a different form.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Destiny/Sunshine's issues are nearly a decade old with no proper complete repair. CCL is excellent at cost control but at times to their own determent.

Welcome back,just curious were you even able to swipe one beer from grown kids ;):):D

The Sunshine has inherited the issues that plauged Destiny for many years. What Carnival should have done was pulled her from service and repaired these issues that have plauged her for the better part of a decade. But, this is a costly move and business was so good Carnival was able to get away with applying band aids as the issues came up. Destiny coming back as Sunshine was not random, but Carnival has not addressed these issues yet again which is disappointing. This is not the last we're going to hear about the Destiny/Sunshine's problems.

worse will it being unstable for the trip back. would hate to lose propulsion mid atlantic.

if the rumors are true about nola, maybe they can donate the ship to costa.

Yes. Kudos to Carnival and not so much for the overreaction by a few. Destiny was a great ship and was getting rave reviews up until the transformation. Did the crossing without incident and made every port on schedule for the first few cruises as the new Carnival Sunshine.

One minor glitch and the sky is falling? :eek: I don't think so. :)

Glad to hear you will be back.

Destiny was a great ship and was getting rave reviews up until the transformation.

The ship may have been getting "rave" reviews for the shipboard experience. But, Destiny/Sunshine's propulsion issues have been (and we appear to be on the same track) a constant thorn in Carnival's side. The analyst community had questioned CCL about this for years when so many cruises were reported being either aborted or simply cancelled altogether. Destiny's transformation was not random, she ahs developed a reputation that Carnival's finanacial analysts like myself are aware of. This "rebirth" we hoped was an attempt to deal with her issues. That appears, at best, to be a cursory repair job once again.

I need to look through my files but Destiny's issues began ( I believe) many years ago when she had run aground.

To say Destiny/Sunshine was running fine up till this point is not just misleading. It is 100% completely untrue.

The ship may have been getting "rave" reviews for the shipboard experience. But, Destiny/Sunshine's propulsion issues have been (and we appear to be on the same track) a constant thorn in Carnival's side. The analyst community had questioned CCL about this for years when so many cruises were reported being either aborted or simply cancelled altogether. Destiny's transformation was not random, she ahs developed a reputation that Carnival's finanacial analysts like myself are aware of. This "rebirth" we hoped was an attempt to deal with her issues. That appears, at best, to be a cursory repair job once again.

I need to look through my files but Destiny's issues began ( I believe) many years ago when she had run aground.

To say Destiny/Sunshine was running fine up till this point is not just misleading. It is 100% completely untrue.

I didn't say Destiny/Sunshine I said the new Sunshine and it is 100% true.

When I cruised on Destiny we experienced no propulsion problems which is also 100% true and back then, Destiny was going from Puerto Rico to Aruba which is a long haul.

The transformation has been in the works for years, long before Carnival announced it. I think it originally was probably under Uncle Bob's watch.

Do you seriously think Carnival did not inspect the propulsion system. That is absurd.

577320_547025428664354_1044615849_n.jpg

Welcome back,just curious were you even able to swipe one beer from grown kids ;):):D

Was pleasantly surprised that my wife and I paid for my daughter and son-in-law's cheers package and they supplied both of us with numerous drinks from their package throughout the ship without any issues. Good for them, good for us...

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Was pleasantly surprised that my wife and I paid for my daughter and son-in-law's cheers package and they supplied both of us with numerous drinks from their package throughout the ship without any issues. Good for them, good for us...

Way to go!!! Cheating the system, and you're proud of it!!!!

Archived