New Cruisers Tackle Oasis (6/8-6/15/13)... A Photo Review

With the exception of after the muster drill and after shows, we really did not notice the crowds. We aren't big drinkers, so didn't spend time in any lounge. If we wanted a drink, we'd just go to the nearest bar. The secret balcony on deck 14 forward was never crowded, but with the exception of Lauderdale & Labadee sailaway, we were never up there during the day, just a couple times to catch sunsets in the evenings.

The only escalators we were on were for getting off & on at the ports. I'm assuming those in wheelchairs would use the elevator to get to deck 2, but I don't have any experience on that.

I really don't know how we spent our time. :p If we really wanted someplace quiet, we could always head back to the cabin.

Thanks & kudos for a helpful & entertaining review!

Hi all!

Just found & read your review tonight. It's really good & brought back memories of my Oasis cruise. Some of those pictures I'd never seen before, nice job! :D

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to get some pictures that people haven't seen.

• 8 months later...

Hi S.A.M.R.J. I was looking at your photos of your OoTS trip and noticed the one above of the old sailing ship over an old world map from the Library. I'm curious if you might know how I might find out where RCI purchased this artwork? I'd like to get a copy for my office w/out the library word. Not sure if there is a general RCI email for questions like this, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the great pics.

Jeff

Hi S.A.M.R.J. I was looking at your photos of your OoTS trip and noticed the one above of the old sailing ship over an old world map from the Library. I'm curious if you might know how I might find out where RCI purchased this artwork? I'd like to get a copy for my office w/out the library word. Not sure if there is a general RCI email for questions like this, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the great pics.

Jeff

Hi Jeff. I have no idea who to contact at RCI about that. My only suggestion would be to ask the question on the RCI board, and put up the picture you're talking about. There's a bunch of experts over there.

Good luck!

Hey SAMJR- Loved your review! I'm from Northern Ky! When I read that Churchill downs reminded you of home, I knew I found a fellow Kentuckian! I'm leaving on the Allure on Sunday. I know they are sister ships, so your review was helpful and fun! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two reasons...

1) It saved $200/ticket and

2) We're visiting Kennedy Space Center tomorrow, so it made sense (at the time) to fly RT to Orlando and stop at Kennedy after the cruise.

In hindsight, this is probably the one thing I would change about the whole week (would just eat the cost, skip the Space Center and do RT from FLL).

I have flown into MCO the past two times I needed to be in FLL/MIA. The first time it saved us $500. The second time, it saved even more (i.e., enough to stay an extra night and take my family of 3 to Disney World and have about spending money and about $200 left to bring home). It was $1800 to fly from home to FLL and $700 to fly to MCO. I always play with airports for arrival and departure because CMH to FLL can be expensive at times - even on Southwest. It's an easy 3 hour drive south.

Hey SAMJR- Loved your review! I'm from Northern Ky! When I read that Churchill downs reminded you of home, I knew I found a fellow Kentuckian! I'm leaving on the Allure on Sunday. I know they are sister ships, so your review was helpful and fun! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy your trip.