Disembarkation time?

Kidatheart

The Sensation arrival time in Port Canaveral is 7 am and was wondering how soon after we would be able to disembark? I know the ship has to be cleared first but trying to get an idea. Wound we be able to bring our own luggage down or is it better to leave it the night before? We are trying to utilize a few hours at Disney before our flight home. Any suggestions would help-Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Sensation arrival time in Port Canaveral is 7 am and was wondering how soon after we would be able to disembark? I know the ship has to be cleared first but trying to get an idea. Wound we be able to bring our own luggage down or is it better to leave it the night before? We are trying to utilize a few hours at Disney before our flight home. Any suggestions would help-Thanks!

Only a few hours at Disney is not worth the cost of admission so you may want to rethink your plans especially depending on when you will be traveling. Peak season at Disney could mean waiting in line up to 90 minutes just for one ride. Could you change your flight home to the next day maybe?

The fastest way off the ship in the morning is either with FTTF if it is available on your sailing or to self disembark taking off your own luggage. We got into Jacksonville well before 7am and had priority 1st group off (we were in a suite) but for some strange reason we still did not get off the ship until 9:15am.

We normally leave our bags out the nite before, but it can take quite a few hours to get off the ship, then collect your bags and go thru customs. To save time, on our next cruise, we are not putting our bags out at nite. We are going to walk off. You are the first off, but you must be lined up ready to disembark. Carnival suggests this for people with early flights. If you wanted extra time at Disney before going home I would recommend this is for you.:)

I had FTTF on the Sensation last month. I was off the boat using VIP self debarkation and was at my car (off port lot) by 8:30.

Disney has raised their rates again so Adults are $95 and 3-9yo $89 for Magic Kingdom. $5 less for the other three parks and $15 for parking at any of them. All of the parks open at 9:00 AM and you could probably make it by 10:00 - 10:30.

Thanks for the suggestions. We actually bought a Disney Package so we will be there prior to our cruise but still have an extra day to use. As long as we leave Animal Kingdom by 4 pm we should be fine to catch our flight. (3 hours prior)

So if we take our own luggage, we can be one of the first groups to get off? I rather do that, than wait a few extra hours. Can we still order room service the morning of?

Thanks for the suggestions. We actually bought a Disney Package so we will be there prior to our cruise but still have an extra day to use. As long as we leave Animal Kingdom by 4 pm we should be fine to catch our flight. (3 hours prior)

So if we take our own luggage, we can be one of the first groups to get off? I rather do that, than wait a few extra hours. Can we still order room service the morning of?

Yes to room service

where do you catch your bus back to the airport.

where do you catch your bus back to the airport.

We are renting a one way car from Port and return it at the airport. You can't use Disney transportation once checked out.

Archived