soda ??

Cruiseagain?

Looking to find out any information on a soda card? We will be on the Breakaway July 14th sailing, first time on NCL. Not sure if they have a soda program, How much is it, does everyone in cabin have to buy it? Any help you can give me will be appreciated!

from the NCL website:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.50 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

The above is for passengers 13 years old and older.

here is the link to "Bon Voyage" gifts where this is listed:

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

Looking to find out any information on a soda card? We will be on the Breakaway July 14th sailing, first time on NCL. Not sure if they have a soda program, How much is it, does everyone in cabin have to buy it? Any help you can give me will be appreciated!

I am going on the same cruise. :)

They do have a soda program. All in the cabin have to purchase it. I am not sure at what age a child would have to purchase it. Depending on the age, it is different prices.

Here is the link on their website http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

I hope you have a great cruise !!!!

I am going on the same cruise. :)

They do have a soda program. All in the cabin have to purchase it. I am not sure at what age a child would have to purchase it. Depending on the age, it is different prices.

Here is the link on their website http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

I hope you have a great cruise !!!!

I don't believe that all in the cabin have to purchase this. That is true of the adult Unlimited Beverage Program, but I don't think it is of this one...at least not in the past.

There are three different drink programs that I've seen. One is soda only. One is soda and juice. The last is UBP (alcohols of certain types, soda, and juice). You can purchase the soda and the UBP on the Bon Voyage section of NCL's site before you leave, but the only place I've seen the soda and juice one offered is aboard ship (as per the dailies), and you can purchase any of them aboard ship at the bars, so it's not really necessary to buy them ahead. The soda and juice was (as memory serves) about $3.50 per day more than the plain soda option is per day.

The soda or soda and juice can be purchased for an individual. The UBC has other restrictions, something along the lines of all adults on the same payment method in the cabin have to have that...and I believe the under 21s on the same account have to have the soda or soda and juice option. That's the killer for some people, because it's worth it for person A but not everyone in the group will drink enough alcohol and other drinks to make the UBP worth it for the whole cabin of adults.

At least that's how I've heard it.

Oh, and remember that NCL is a Pepsi ship!

DML

I don't believe that all in the cabin have to purchase this. That is true of the adult Unlimited Beverage Program, but I don't think it is of this one...at least not in the past.

Thank you. I have to double check . When I called to order the soda package, I was told that I had to buy for all of us.

I did not go with the UBP because I do not drink alcohol and I would have to purchase it for me and my husband and the soda packages for my kids. If my hubby drank all that booze to make it cost effective, I would be carrying him around the ship.:eek:

I will call NCL again to clarify. Thanks again. :)

Thank you. I have to double check . When I called to order the soda package, I was told that I had to buy for all of us.

If that's true, it's a change. All the information I've seen on CC so far said the opposite. Please let us know what you find out.

DML

I did not go with the UBP because I do not drink alcohol and I would have to purchase it for me and my husband and the soda packages for my kids. If my hubby drank all that booze to make it cost effective, I would be carrying him around the ship.:eek:

I will call NCL again to clarify. Thanks again. :)

Our 2 cruises 2 in stateroom got soda packages and 2 did not...I hope that did not change cause that was our plan this time too!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

If that's true, it's a change. All the information I've seen on CC so far said the opposite. Please let us know what you find out.

DML

I will call tomorrow. It may have been that the person I spoke with confused the packages and gave me wrong information. She kept putting me on hold and then said they were having computer issues.

I was surprised myself, that's why I asked her to clarify more than once. I can understand them not wanting people to "share" one ubp, but not the soda package.

Thanks again.

I will call tomorrow. It may have been that the person I spoke with confused the packages and gave me wrong information. She kept putting me on hold and then said they were having computer issues.

I was surprised myself, that's why I asked her to clarify more than once. I can understand them not wanting people to "share" one ubp, but not the soda package.

Thanks again.

Well...the soda package is tied to a specific card...we are not supposed to be sharing that card/soda package.

Well...the soda package is tied to a specific card...we are not supposed to be sharing that card/soda package.

Exactly. I totally understood that you can not share. Sorry I was not clear. :).

I only asked the rep a few times because the last time I was on the Jewel, I did not have to buy all of us the soda package.

This time, she said I did have to buy the soda package for everyone. I thought that they changed the rules since I was on the Jewel. :)

As I recall, isn't it just a sticker on the card that's enabled? That's what NCL's site says happens (in the A&A section).

DML

All in the room DO NOT have to purchase the soda card. Where people get this information is beyond me.

I was told everyone had to buy the soda package by a rep at ncl when I called to order it. I repeated myself and asked her to clarify as I believed she was wrong and she was talking about the UBP and not the soda. She said no, it applies to the soda package as well. I am calling back later.

I am thankful that others were able to inform me that the rep was incorrect.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived