Dress code question for my 6 year old

lancer74

Yes, I would think so. I wouldn't do on elegant night, but other nights should be fine. I would pair with polo/button down collared shirt, not just a random t-shirt. I don't remember what our boys (5 and 9) wore on our last cruise, their first. Then again, they only wanted to go to MDR 2 nights.... didn't intend for it to work that way, but they BEGGED to go to dinner on Lido, and get back to Camp Carnival as soon as they could!! Normally I would not have been ok with them missing so many dinners as a family, but in our defense, we had just done 10 straight days as a family at Disney, and then boarded the ship.

Our son liked to dress-up on formal night. We had a pair of khaki's and a button down shirt with a tie or bow tie. We had a blue blazer to pair for the formal nights and on the regular nights we just moved to a polo shirt and nice shorts, not his basketball shorts. It was a nice way to transition from the active day to the night time.

he will be fine wearing shorts on any night.......yes it is nice to dress up on elegant night but if he is more comfortable wearing shorts then go for it.......believe me it won't harm any one else in the dining room nor will it ruin their dinner if there is a child with shorts on in the MDR on elegant night.

Happy Cruising!!! Our son has been on several cruises now and absolutely loves it!!!

always try to make the kid (s) adapt to the environment, and not expect the world around them to adapt to the kid. If the dress code is elegant, elegant it is. If it is casual, casual it is - doesn't matter what age. I never expected the rules to bend for my kids - and they grew up and turned out just fine, so they were not hurt by this :-). Happy Cruise !

I think you should buy him a tuxedo.

Just kidding - the 6 year old is my Grandson

I actually, for half a second, thought about dressing my boys in matching tux printed t-shirts for elegant night(s). But seeing as I am not sure that other people would share my warped sense of humor, I shall put them in "appropriate" attire.

I actually, for half a second, thought about dressing my boys in matching tux printed t-shirts for elegant night(s). But seeing as I am not sure that other people would share my warped sense of humor, I shall put them in "appropriate" attire.

I say go for it. i think it would be cool.

Heck chances are you'll see one or more adult aged pax with one on.

Bill

On the ships I have sailed on in the last few years you will see even a few adults with shorts on elegant night. People dress as they feel like dressing. You see everything including cross dressers last cruise a man at first you weren't sure wore beautiful gowns everynite

Archived