Day Trips From Vancouver

eeniemeenie

One of the more popular day drips out of Vancouver is the drive up the Sea to Sky highway to Whistler - home along with Vancouver of the 2010 Winter Olympic games - leave early in the day - there's lots to see on the way there - Shannon Falls, Porteau Cove, Britannia mining museum, Squamish Chieftain, the town of Squamish, Alice lake park, Tantalus Mt lookout, Brandywine Falls, and Whistler - once in Whistler - just park and walk - the village was built for walking and biking - enjoy a swim in Lost Lake, Green Lake, Alta lake and the great mountain scenery - straight through non stop it's about a 2 hour drive - with stops - all day.

The other possibility that some people might suggest is Victoria - but it is hard to justify as a day trip in that it takes about 3 hours each way by ferry from downtown Vacnouver to downtown Victoria and if taking a car you could have a one or two sailing wait unless you want to spent an additional $15.00 and reserve a space - as a bus tour it would be a very long day.

Hope this helps and I am sure some of the other Vancouver posters will have other ideas as well.

Cheers - hope you enjoy your cruise and your visit to Vancouver

Dennis

We want to visit Victoria for the day prior to our July cruise but don't want to spend hours traveling by ferry so we have purchased tickets to go via floatplane. These planes travel back and forth twice an hour and the flight is only appx. 30 minutes. Then through Harbor Air we purchased a Grayline tour to the Gardens once we arrive in Victoria.

A way to see Victoria without alot of travel time----and a fun plane trip as well. Hope this info helps.

Is this your first visit to Vancouver?

If so I would suggest just enjoying a few of the many wonderful sights there are to see right in Vancouver rather than a day trip outside of the city.

You can spend a day at Grouse Mountain alone if you have the time.

I would suggest

Stanley Park with a stop to enjoy the Aquarium http://www.vanaqua.org

Grouse Mountain http://www.grousemountain.com

Capilano Suspension Bridge http://www.capbridge.com

A visit to Gas Town the site of the origins of Vancouver taking the time to enjoy Vancouver's newest attraction Storyeum the history of British Columbia told via the use of different multi media effects including live actors in 9 different theatres. While in Gastown also take time to go up to the lookout http://www.vancouverlookout.com

the above is only a small sample of attractions in downtown Vancouver and these will fill more than 1 day.

Enjoy your time in our city.

actually we have three days in vancouver. i was planning on spending two of them in vancouver, thought it might be interesting to see something out of the city as well. i am from new york...the hudson river valley to be exact.........and i always urge visitors to n.y. to try and get out of the city as well. to see some of the beautiful countryside that surrounds new york city. fire island, the hamptons the hudson river valley, for example. that is why i was asking about day trips out from the city.

• 1 month later...
We want to visit Victoria for the day prior to our July cruise but don't want to spend hours traveling by ferry so we have purchased tickets to go via floatplane. These planes travel back and forth twice an hour and the flight is only appx. 30 minutes. Then through Harbor Air we purchased a Grayline tour to the Gardens once we arrive in Victoria.

A way to see Victoria without alot of travel time----and a fun plane trip as well. Hope this info helps.

Can get more information on the floatplane? I'm trying to help a friend plan a cruise.

Archived