A Question on Pricing

writer100

Since this forum almost certainly has the answers to everything Seabourn, here is a question. While looking at a Seabourn trip for next June, I wondered what the sequence is that a conversation with a ta should follow with respect to pricing. In the mix are a 5% on board discount and $1,000 deposit. So, do I presume that the deposit is applied, then the discount, and the pricing discussion starts from there? Or first the discount--obviouslly to my benefit--then the deposit, etc.? Almost inevitably, some of you have gone done this route before. Also, is there any change to the long-standing SB policy not to allow ta ship board credits to mix with referral credits on the same cruise?

Thanks in advance.

You are absolutely correct...this forum does have answers to every question, and many of them are correct!

On our last cruise, SB applied the 5 percent discount, then subtracted the 1000 dollar deposit.

I'm not sure about the TA's on board credit in conjunction with the referral coupon credit, but the TA's credit can be added to the Carnival stock ownership credit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is my understanding that referral credit and CCL stock can be combined, but TA credit and referral credit cannot.

No, in our case, the TA credit (Virtuoso) did combine with CCL stock credit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought I could use the referral credit on top of TA credit and Seabourn credit (which i thought was additional TA credit) on next month's cruise and was told very firmly by Seabourn that I was out of luck. I could apply either the Seabourn/TA credit or referral credit but not both, as Seabourn insisted the TA credit reflected a Seabourn promotion, not a TA "gift." My TA is giving me additional credit, and that will be posted to my account before sailing - I hope.

Two different issues have been brought up here. The OP asked about the 5% onboard discount which is applied first before the $1000 is applied to the deposit. Then the conversation veered (as it usually does) to combining referral credit and TA credit. These can be combined as a TA credit is like cash and has nothing to do with Seabourn. What cannot be combined is the referral credit with the Amex Platinum credit because Seabourn funds both of those.

Archived