Platinum status?

backinaz

Trying not to sound too snobby...(I'm sure it will anyway), but I "earned" my status with my loyalty to CCL. My husband works very hard for us to take vacations. I'm a bit bent that all it takes to get the same perks is to pay an extra fifty dollars and magically...you gets perks! I guess it goes to show that it's all about the almighty $$$$. :(

It's certainly not going to ruin my vacation---just wanted to vent to my cc peeps!

I was bummed too when the FTTF was introduced. Only due to the timing of the introduction of this program. I had JUST reached platinum and feel I too "earned" this perk.

I only wish that they introduced FTTF long before I dumped several thousand into the only way to obtain the perks they now sell. Heck, I'd gladly pay $50.00 per cruise vs what it cost to achieve platinum.

Now to get the other lines to implement this program; That way I'll be more enticed to try new cruise lines. Those lines are brutal if you happen to arrive at a peak time in boarding.

Congrats to the people who posted this will be their 10th cruise. I'm very happy for you, platinum adds to the wonderful experience of cruising.

Congrats also to those who choose to participate in the FTTF program. Some of us have our nose out of joint for this program, but it's not the purchaser we are upset with, it's Carnival.

I'm wondering something as my wife has taken one more cruise than me and it was in 1994 when she graduated high school.

She even said she was allowed to drink Champagne on international waters (she was 18) and allowed to shoot clay pigeons off the ship.

She has according to Carnival 71 cruise points, and 9 cruises. We are booked for a 5 day this October. Will she be platinum before or after the cruise?

John H just announced this morning that FTTF was just added to Inspiration for July 24 and beyond. My dream has come true :D

The Carnival Dream is in Port Canaveral and will be moving to NOLA.

She has according to Carnival 71 cruise points, and 9 cruises. We are booked for a 5 day this October. Will she be platinum before or after the cruise?

As I understand it, if the "5-day" is her 10th cruise, she'll be "Platinum" on that cruise. Good luck, and CONGRATS!

"SKY"

Are we allowed to say things like this? Just asking because don't want to agitate the Loyalists. Funny thing is that with 17 CCL cruises, DW and I probably have as many if not more CCL cruises than most of the Loyalists.:cool:

Yes, you are allowed to say something negative and yes, if you do the cheerleaders will flame you.

We have the same message so I called Carnival and asked specifically. The 10th cruise you are automatically platinum so you get those benefits on that cruise. We are leaving out of Miami on back to back cruises for our 9th and 10th in November. I can't wait

Come on Cruise Ciritics! Be nice! The FTTF numbers are limited and it is not in the 1,000's. I am perfectly willing to have them join me (I'm Platinum) if it is easier for Carnival to handle. Some times we are separated and some times not. During my last several Carnival cruises, I have not experienced any problems boarding as Platinum and am pleased with the program. I cruise from Miami and maybe that makes a difference. Now that we get the luggage earlier, it is even better. So FTTF's, no complaints from me. Now on to the Lido deck.

Not reading the whole thread to see what others have said, but here was my experience:

My wife and I are Platinum. On our recent cruise with our family, our DD purchased FTTF since she's Gold. DW and my doc's were marked "PRIORITY" and DD and DSIL'd docs had the "Faster to the Fun" seal on them.

Both sets of luggage tags had the FTTF seal on them, but ours were marked "PRIORITY" down the side of the color block, and theirs was marked "F2F." For our upcoming cruise in September on the same ship, the tags have the FTTF seal, and the word "PRIORITY" in the color block.

Just checked my Docs for next cruise and now says Priority also. Nice. Seems like I racked up a lot of Carnival cruises in a pretty short amount of time...gotta slow down or I might (NEVER) catch up with Firefly. Goal is to do 100 cruises (total)...I'm 42 now so gotta a lot of catching up to do! :)

So...we are looking forward to our cruise next month on the breeze and have been "grandfathered" to platinum status under the old system because we are taking our 10th cruise by December of this year. My question is that on our boarding passes it says "priority"...is that what it's supposed to say? I've been reading a lot of threads about FTTF? I know this isn't the same thing...but are there different lines etc at the port? I don't want to look silly getting in the wrong line.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your luggage tags should say Priority and have the FTTF icon on them as FTTF is on the Breeze. As Platinum, you get the FTTF benefit of going to your cabin when you board and getting your luggage early.

Just checked my Docs for next cruise and now says Priority also. Nice. Seems like I racked up a lot of Carnival cruises in a pretty short amount of time...gotta slow down or I might (NEVER) catch up with Firefly. Goal is to do 100 cruises (total)...I'm 42 now so gotta a lot of catching up to do! :)

My hubby and I are booked on our first B2B on the Victory, which will be our 9th and 10th cruise-yeah Platinum! We were just on the Breeze at Easter-beautiful ship and loved going to ARuba and Curacao as well. We are coming full circle with these voyages. We went on our first cruise back in 2001 on the Victory, she was just a year old then. Now we will sail on her for our Platinum voyage. Our youngest son was only a toddler then, now he's through college and engaged, and we have another son as well-still in high school. We have made many memories on our Carnival cruises-have also sailed on a few other lines, but love Carnival. Our boys traveled and learned so much about the culture of each of the places we visited. Time with your family is important to us, and we will continue to sail with Carnival. This time we will celebrate our 27th Anniversary in Key West, Florida :) this time the B2B cruises will be just for us..no kids! So we are excited and very much looking forward to new adventures with Carnival. Keep making memories!

Here's what you get for $49.95. FTTF does not get the same perks as Platinum - like free laundry, and FTTF boards AFTER Platinum and Diamond. I call it FTYW (faster to your wallet). Note the very first thing as a perk is quicker to holding a frotry drink. Those waiters aren't handing out free drinks the minute you step aboard. :rolleyes: From the Carnival website:

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

If you wish to see all the Platinum perks that FTTF does not get, click on the link:

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Archived