Canada Place Disembark

BZEKE

I will be getting off Zaandam at Canada Place. How fast is the ship emptied?

Need to tell the Limo driver at time

Thanks

Typically you can expect the shimp to be empty by 9:00-9:30, but you should be able to make arrnagements with the company to have you call when you arrive in port. You should have a better time to provide. It's my understanding that limos have to wait in a holding area and be called. I'd check with you company--you shouldn't have to provide a specific time before you depart.

We have to make 2 calls.

One to let the limo company know that the ship has docked and we have been cleared to leave the ship.

Then once we have actually left the ship and collected our luggage, we call the limo service to let them know that we are ready. The limos can not wait around inside the terminal.

Disembarkation in Canada Place was one of the easisest we have ever had this past Friday June 21st. It began at 7:30AM and I think all were to be offb y 9:30AM. And they move your right through. Only three taxis are allowed at one time but there is some systemformaking sure one is there all the time. I think the same is true for limos.

Embarkation is just the same in terms of getting you in, checked in, and waiting for embarkation which began at 11:30. Very impressed with the staff at Canada Place.

Absolute zero by 10:00. Zero usually occurs before ten.

There isn't "absolute zero" in Vancouver. We did a back to back on the Zaandam (Seward to Vancouver to Seward) and remainded on board as we have been to Vancouver so many times. They just made announcements that all guests disembarking in Vancouver THAT DAY had to get off - and it was actually at about 9:15 that they made the announcement. There were several other guests that were staying on for the next cruise as well, so absolutely no "absolute". :)

Canada Place as one of the best disembarkation procedures we have seen having just done it on June 21st. The self-disembark were called about 7:20 and the regular disembark began about 7:50. Once off the ship we noticed only 3 cabs are allowed at one time as we used one. Somehow they get the cabs there on a regular basis so you don't have to wait at all. I assume the same is true for limos. There is limited space underneath there but all goes very smoothly IMO. The same can be said for embarkation.

There isn't "absolute zero" in Vancouver. We did a back to back on the Zaandam (Seward to Vancouver to Seward) and remainded on board as we have been to Vancouver so many times. They just made announcements that all guests disembarking in Vancouver THAT DAY had to get off - and it was actually at about 9:15 that they made the announcement. There were several other guests that were staying on for the next cruise as well, so absolutely no "absolute". :)

All ships do indeed have an absolute zero time. Remember that ship has to be turned around and prepared for departure. The exception, of course, is for passengers in transit. They are well aware of how many are remaining.

Archived