Three year old in Jamaica?

The Mister

So, my cruise isn't *scheduled* to go to Jamaica; but the ship in question was diverted there a couple of weeks ago when a tropical depression hit the Western itinerary which I will be on (Belize and Roatan cancelled).

So, since my wife and I are SUCH planners ( :) ), I thought it would be worth having a few options in mind in case something similar happens to us in October (still a heavy month for tropical storms).

While I'm sure my wife, 8yo son and I would find a number of things to do, I'm not so sure about our 3yo daughter.

I spoke with someone who stayed at Sunset Grande who said that resort tends to cater a bit more to the adult (and/or older teen) party crowd.

Same person said the falls would be too much.

The river tubing has a minimum age of 6.

Mystic Mountain might be nice, but again, there seems to be plenty more for me and the 8yo. Could work for the 3yo too, just need more info.

Any other suggestions?

Yes I think the fall will be to much. I have done the falls I had to have my friends push me up and the other one pulling me and I did all I can to get up I use my legs my arms and it was to hard for me.

The falls would not be good for your 3 yo.

I would have your wife or you stay with your 3 yo while the other adult go in the falls with your 8 yo.

My own opinion is that this is the only thing I would consider. Otherwise I would stay on the ship.

Keith

Update: The woman who has been posting the reviews of her family's diverted cruise posted that they ended up at Mystic Mountain and had a good time. If there are good reasons NOT to do that, I'll probably consider the two-on-two-off option that you (Keith) mention.

An alternative to Dunn's River would be Coyaba River Garden and Waterfall. It's a botanical Garden with a smaller, not as dramatic but enjoyable waterfall and small lagoon.

You will have a personal guide.

http://www.coyabagardens.com/

Sunset Jamaica Grande, not too far from port and fantastic for family with small kids. I have spent time at this resort and the sister resort in Montego bay, Sunset beach and Spa.

Mystic Mountain, I did this last summer and it was Ok, not for a 3 yrs old.

we did dunns river falls with our 18 month old...now i mean we took her with us...i played with her while my husband did the falls...she had fun...they had little areas of rocks to climb(very small) lots of nature stuff to look at....also there is a small beach there too...so she sat in the water and splashed

Archived