Coral World + questions

critcatny

Hi, I will be in St Thomas in August and have been to Magens Bay and Paradise Point on prev trips there. We like animals and marinelife and wondered if Coral World is a good place to go to? I'm sure it won't be like any of the other aquariums we've been to (NY, CT or FL) but is it worth it to go there? What's the best way to get there/how much? There is a price on their website for admission to Coral World plus a semi submarine trip. Anyone do that and how was it? I am not into scuba or snorkeling but would love to see whats down there. But I've read other reviews of glass bottom boats and such that you couldn't see very well out of the glass. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Coral World is very accessible. It may not be huge, but the fauna they do have is what you would see if you went out snorkeling or diving. There are a variety of exhibits like the shark tank where you are invited to touch a baby shark. Or the stingrays you can feed. There is an underwater observatory in the bay where you can see what is going on out there without scuba. The Caribbean Reef Encounter is like being inside a fish bowl with the fish swimming around you. One of my favorite spots! Seahorses, sea lions and sea turtles, too!

Thank you...sounds like something we would like. We will have to just take a taxi I guess b/c Carnival doesn't offer an excursion that goes there. We are only in St Thomas from 7-3:30. Hope that's enough time.

Archived