Booking OBC & Price Drops

ChiMimi69

My BFF and I will be sailing together next year and received a $50 OBC each when we booked. Well, I checked online today and saw that our cabin category had dropped, so, I quickly called to get my price drop ($430 YAY!!!). I then called my BFF and told her to call NCL to get hers. When she did the PCC told her she was no longer eligible for the $50 OBC that she got when she first booked. This was not the case for me and I still have my $50 OBC on my confirmation. Which is correct here???

We are two single moms who rarely have the $$$ to travel. So, this was the equivalent to about 3-4 cocktails for each of us so, we would like to know whether we should pursue it or not. :D

In retrospect, I know that she wins either way with the price drop but, I don't want her to be cheated out of it simply because we don't understand the policy on price drops.

Thanks!!!

My BFF and I will be sailing together next year and received a $50 OBC each when we booked. Well, I checked online today and saw that our cabin category had dropped, so, I quickly called to get my price drop ($430 YAY!!!). I then called my BFF and told her to call NCL to get hers. When she did the PCC told her she was no longer eligible for the $50 OBC that she got when she first booked. This was not the case for me and I still have my $50 OBC on my confirmation. Which is correct here???

Technically, when you take a price drop, you agree to the terms in effect for the new price. So if the new price doesn't have OBC associated, then you risk losing the OBC. Some PCCs are better than others and seem to find ways to keep the OBC.

Technically, when you take a price drop, you agree to the terms in effect for the new price. So if the new price doesn't have OBC associated, then you risk losing the OBC. Some PCCs are better than others and seem to find ways to keep the OBC.

I see. Shame though. She didn't want to call back and make a stink out of it for fear I would lose mine. I guess I'll have to share it with her. :D

Thanks!

I see. Shame though. She didn't want to call back and make a stink out of it for fear I would lose mine. I guess I'll have to share it with her. :D

Sorry. My parents and I are booked on the same cruise. I got a price drop and new perks. The TA my parents booked through, wouldn't do it. :(

Suggestion for next time. Get your reservations linked. As long as you're both booked through NCL, your PCC could update both of them at the same time.

Yes and no.

Keep in mind that an OBC is just a marketing gimmick.

One person may get a cruise for $1,500 each.

The next person gets a cruise for $1,600 each and gets a $200 OBC.

End result - same price.

And another gets the cruise for $1550 with a $50 OBC.

An OBC is REAL MONEY.

Archived