Dancing at age 17 on the Gem?

aczi16

Can a 17 year old go into the adult night clubs to dance? I think there is only one, the Bliss Ultra Lounge and Night Club...? Do they check the sea pass card for the age or if she looks old enough will she be allowed in? She could pass for 22 without a problem I just don't know how strict they are at checking the passes for ages...

Thank you!

She will be welcome during any time period unless it is designated as "18 and over". They may have such an event at some point. BUT, even then, in all likelihood, she will not be asked to leave for not permitted to enter. If she is mature acting and responsible, she'll have no problems. If she is with other adults, she will have no problem. She will not be served alcohol at the bar and will be asked to leave if found consuming alcohol. But if dancing is her purpose, she'll be just fine. It's not like there is someone at the door checking IDs. I've never seen that.

Okay thank you! I wasn't sure how NCL handles their security but RCCL was checking cards prior to entering the night club. But that cleared everything up. Thanks again!:)

I have seen bouncers at the doors to Bliss nightclub on the Gem and I have seen security enforce the rules of who can be in there. I have also seen under 18 and under 21 (back when Bliss was 21 and over...not sure if rules changed since sailing almost two years ago) beat their system by not drinking and by staying lost in the crowd on the dance floor...If they make it through the entrances (there are two) without being caught. Tell the 17 year old the biggest giveaway is dancing in a cluster with a group of people who look like typical teenagers.

coka

• 4 weeks later...
I have seen bouncers at the doors to Bliss nightclub on the Gem and I have seen security enforce the rules of who can be in there. I have also seen under 18 and under 21 (back when Bliss was 21 and over...not sure if rules changed since sailing almost two years ago) beat their system by not drinking and by staying lost in the crowd on the dance floor...If they make it through the entrances (there are two) without being caught. Tell the 17 year old the biggest giveaway is dancing in a cluster with a group of people who look like typical teenagers.

coka

My main concern is them actually getting into the nightclubs. There will be only two teens ( one who is 18 and will be allowed there) and his girlfriend. Thank you for the feedback!

No issues unless they cause issues. Bliss starts out most nights with a family oriented dance/activity and they are allowed in there. No one ever asked my 16 and 17 teen for their card. The went to the night time white party with my parents with no issues in Bliss and danced the night away. There are a few over 18 activities but never saw security the entire time (not that they were not there, just not standing at door).

Archived