Vancouver Departure Advice

cwatson290

We are scheduled for 1:00 - 3:30 pm departure on the Coral Princess in Vancouver. Should we plan to be ready for a 1:00 check in or should we use the time to explore Vancouver another hour or so and check in at 2 or 3? We'd like to experience the local flavor of Vancouver, but we want a stress free embarkation. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Similar situation, except we booked a Vancouver city tour with drop off at cruise port at 2pm. Our boarding is from 11am to 3pm. Will we be able to clear customs and get aboard on time.

:eek:

To OP - if you want to eat a real sit-down lunch, go check in by 1:00pm at the latest (first time we boarded Princess at Canada Place we arrived at 1:00pm sharp and barely made it to the dining room in time for the 1:30pm cutoff - second time we arrived at 12:30pm to a longer queue but we were sitting down by 1:15pm). If you're planning lunch on shore, or you're a buffet fan, go after 2pm when the lines should be teeny-tiny.

Your ship sails at 4:30 so you want to be ON BOARD by 3:30!! 2 or 2:30 should not be too late to board.

What day & time do you arrive in Vancouver??

Another tour idea: There are 3 HopOn HopOff companies: 1 trolley & 2 buses with Stop 1 being in front of Canada Place where your ship will be.

If Princess documentation says to check in between 1 and 3:30 are we allowed to board any earlier?

Always have gotten on board earlier on other Princess ships. (paperwork stated to be there after 1 or 2 pm for 5pm departures)

I'm never in too big a hurry to get on board and I consider time spent in a departure city just as important as the time I spend in the cruise ports. When they first open for check in the lines are long (people don't want to miss that first "free" meal I guess) and after the first couple hours the lines are much shorter. Make sure you look at your documents to find out what time you MUST be on board. I would make sure you arrive at least 2-1/2 hours prior to departure at the latest. Canada Place is very close to Gastown, so you can certainly explore that area before you board the ship. Coal Harbor is also very close in the other direction and very pleasant to walk along the seawall and watch the floatplanes take off and land.

We are scheduled for 1:00 - 3:30 pm departure on the Coral Princess in Vancouver. Should we plan to be ready for a 1:00 check in or should we use the time to explore Vancouver another hour or so and check in at 2 or 3? We'd like to experience the local flavor of Vancouver, but we want a stress free embarkation. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

You have the rush before the rush, then the rush itself, and finely the rush after the rush!:)

I prefer the first rush.;)

john

I am never in any rush to get on a cruise ship, and certainly would never give any priority for a "lunch". I don't get the people lined up, when I'm disembarking?? Waiting for hours to be "first" on the ship. I have better things to spend my time on. :)

IF you wish to see any of the area, definitely do so. With interest, it can offer you some nice touring. I say, take advantage. :)

If you are there 2 hours prior to sail away, you will have no problem getting on the ship.

Archived