Embarking from Marseille...help!

Sthrncrusr

Looks like a lot of people are having a hard time finding information on the below regarding Royal Caribbean ships starting in Marseille. If we are a family of 4, flying in to Marseille for our Western Med cruise, what do you suggest is our best option getting two and from the port? Because we are coming from the States we'll arrive a day early. Upon arrival we'd need transportation from the airport to a hotel and then to the port next day and by return from the port direct to airport? We have two small children so I'm thinking we'd either need a shuttle bus in which we'd hold the children in our laps or hire a car service (which I hope would provide carseats?) any recommendations? Also, any hotel recommendations would be appreciated. Something near the port! Oh and we'd be arriving on a Sunday so if flying in to another near by city makes more sense that is fine. We are coming from a big city in the States. I just need help and the port board seems to have a lot of people in my same situation! Please help

According to the map, the airport is only 9 miles from the port, lucky you! It should be very easy to find a taxi from the airport for your family.

There are some very good hotel websites on the internet (just Google 'Hotels') which will show you their locations and ratings on a map, choose a nice one near the port so you'll be able to relax knowing that you don't have far to go. Then just get a taxi to the port the next day.

Enjoy your planning, it's half the fun of cruising for me! :)

Looks like a lot of people are having a hard time finding information on the below regarding Royal Caribbean ships starting in Marseille. If we are a family of 4, flying in to Marseille for our Western Med cruise, what do you suggest is our best option getting two and from the port? Because we are coming from the States we'll arrive a day early. Upon arrival we'd need transportation from the airport to a hotel and then to the port next day and by return from the port direct to airport? We have two small children so I'm thinking we'd either need a shuttle bus in which we'd hold the children in our laps or hire a car service (which I hope would provide carseats?) any recommendations? Also, any hotel recommendations would be appreciated. Something near the port! Oh and we'd be arriving on a Sunday so if flying in to another near by city makes more sense that is fine. We are coming from a big city in the States. I just need help and the port board seems to have a lot of people in my same situation! Please help

You will find the answer to your questions on the France port board.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm taking it, this is not the France Board?! I thought France ports was the. Correct place to post?! I hear taxi's won't take you a short distance from what I'm reading. I will need thing really planned out as I will have two toddlers with me! I'm inquiring about not arriving early and just using RCCL transfer from the airport to the port the same day...

You are on the France board. I don't believe that you will have any difficulty obtaining a taxi at the airport to take you to the hotel of your choice. The hotel will be able to call a taxi to take you to the specific port for your embarkation. I imagine that arriving a day in advance will be helpful in recovering from your flight.. but, of course, ultimately that decision is yours.

If your cruise line offers a pre-embarkation hotel and transfer package you may also wish to explore that.

Thank you so much. This is the first time I'm doing a lot of the leg work myself. I appreciate your nice reply! I'm already looking in to the shuttle transfer on same day arrival but I agree that arriving a day earlier is much better as long as I can plan it out perfectly! Thanks again

Archived