Buying reconditioned ??

I've never bought a reconditioned camera, but I have bought computers and a projector. They are all excellent and I've had fewer problems with the reconditioned items than new. My thought is that once they fix whatever was wrong, they test the heck out of the item to make sure it works properly. If the deal is right I would go for it.

Vic

I have bought a lot of things from B&H Photo, both my Sony Alphas used and some other camera gear. They grade the product so you can depend on the quality. The prices are great new or used with no shipping or taxes. It ships fast can not say enough!

John

Reconditioned could be a return with a few shots, or could be a return with thousands of shots on them, YMMV. It comes down to how much you value an "official" warranty versus just buying used from ebay or CL

For me personally if I'm going used I sit and wait for a good CL/Ebay versus the reconditioned. Kind of like do you buy from a dealer a used car or the owner. There is profit markup for reconditioned.

I bought a refurbished T4i from Canon when they had a sale going on.

I checked shutter count immediately, it had 29. Looked brand new. I couldn't have been happier with my purchase.

I bought my refurbished Nikon D5100 two years ago and never looked back. 6,000+photos last time I checked with no issues . I would say your chances of getting a new one that was bad are about as equal to a bad refurbished one

When I buy refurbished, it is mostly lenses. About 35% of my lenses have been refurbished. Out of the 6 refurbished lenses I have bought, I got one dud.

I stared buying refurbished lenses when a lens I wanted was out of stock everywhere, but then I found a refurbished lens, so I bought it. After having good luck with that first lens, I decided to continue to buy them on occasion as circumstances warranted.

All of the refurbished lenses I have purchased were certified manufacturer refurbished (not store refurbished), and I was pretty amazed at the one dud. The lens barrel was misaligned so that the lens hood fit on the lens crooked.

I cannot believe the QC was so bad at the refurbishment facility that a lens like that would have passed.

But I was able to return the lens to the dealer for a replacement.

I will continue to buy refurbished as needed, with the caveat you should buy one from a place that offers an easy return policy in case you get a dud.

Archived