Flying home from Budapest-Which airport is easier to connect at?

stipmom

eurocruiser, I did not find any direct flights from Budapest to either JFK or Newark

I know Newark is alot easier for me to get to and most of the times we fly from there but I only can get a non stop to Prague from JFk.Delta is codesharing with KLM

While United has a few one stops that can get me to Prague before noon the options

flying home from Budapest to Newark have short layovers such as an hour at CDG or an hour 10 minutes at Zurich or Munich

How is Dusseldorf for a connection? Can you do it with an hour and ten minute layover?

Munich has a similar layover time . Is that doable? Thanks

Munich is a great airport and I believe won best airport in Europe last year. It is modern, well signed, well designed, efficient. I would choose it over most any other airport I have been to in Europe and that is a bunch. Much easier to navigate than Frankfurt and 1000% better than CDG.

We also found Amsterdam easy to navigate and pleasant, even though it is very large.

After looking at all flight options if we go to JFK we can fly non stop to Prague and fly Budapest to JFK on KLM or Air France

If we go out of Newatk we can fly Lufthansa or Swiss air home and either stop in Munich or Zurich

Out of those four airlines which are the best to fly? Thanks[/QUOTe

I fly regularly to Europe and, call me crazy, but I like Frankfort! It's huge and you do have to watch the time in between your domestic and international flights because sometimes it feels like your're walking home! I have flown all of the airlines you mentioned except for Swiss Air. I prefer Lufthansa but I had no problems with KLM or Air France. I don't like CDG either but I wouldn't hesitate changing in Munich or Zurich or Amsterdam. I like Heathrow but it can get crazy there. Frankfort seems IMHO to be the best organized, cleanest and friendliest....and I have no doubt others will disagree. :)

Archived