Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

OMG!!! Rick, it's me...Rosemary!!!

I often wonder how you are doing; you know Carol is always in my heart.

I'm doing well, however Joe passed away in June of 2013. I too think of the many cruises we have done and the great people we met along the way. Joe enjoyed the time we spent together during your trips to Florida.

I had a cruise planned for October 2013 with my son and his family. I didn't cancel and glad I didn't. I loved cruising and thought it time for me to go solo. I did the Geteway in August and though many times I would 'talk' to Joe, I actually had a very good time. So much so, that within weeks of being home I booked the Epic for Thanksgiving.

Remember when I first met you and Carol on a cruise? Things weren't going well with the girls I went with so I was pretty much cruising 'solo'. Funny how I would be reminded of that cruise while doing my first real solo! And, because i kept thinking of that cruise, I would be reminded of you and Carol and how we became friends.

And now I see you on cruisecritic! Sad is wanting to turn around and tell Joe 'guess who I'm writing to' and I can't. It's those moments that still pop up and I'm sure you experience the same.

Good reading that you are cruising, which means you are doing well..

Take care and hugs

It was sweet to read of your acquaintance, and that the two couples met while on a cruise. Attribute this to the romantic in me..... why not book as solos on the same cruise and see what happens? Id love to be there to see what happens. 'Nothing to lose and, at the least, renew a friendship.

Maria (new to cruising. new to solo cruising)

I agree with California Cruisin'. - There is nothing better than a good friendship and it is nice to share memories of your loved ones with a friend who knew them. You will each have your own "space" and still pal around or even dine together. Rosemary, I know it is soon for you, just losing your husband last year, but you have to move forward and it shows you are doing that. I have been a widow for 8 years now. I lost my husband very early. I am just now taking the plunge and going all by myself. I have traveled with my sons and their wives, with boyfriends and with girlfriends. Frankly I am looking forward to not sharing my room with anyone. I am comfortable with myself and do not anticipate any problems.

Maria, that was cute...

I'm sure if Rick and I were on the same ship we would have a pleasant time.

Hi Rose Mary, It is good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about Joe. We had a good time when we visited you. I remember you had a grand-daughter, hope she is well.

It took me a while to get going and start traveling again, but I am doing it. I will be traveling solo for the near future, because that is the ways things are working out now. I am on facebook, search me out and we can reminisce off this website. Take it easy and maybe we can cruise again.

Rick

So.... DO it!

I thought long and hard about telling you to MYOB, but decided not to. Happy Cruising.

Rick

"I thought long and hard about telling you to MYOB, but decided not to. Happy Cruising."

I know how you feel, Rick, and I agree but I am quite sure that she meant well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

I am considering taking my two sons with their wives and my grandchildren on a short cruise to have family time together. Maybe a little Bahamas trip out of Port Canaveral nearby. I would definitely want my own cabin but that would've as close as I want someone! I have been watching cruise videos on You Tube. Anticipation is half the fun! I am also enjoying chatting with folks on the rollcall. Cruise Critic is a wonderful meeting place.

Taking my first single/solo cruise on Norwegian Getaway the week of Nov. 22 -- looking forward to it!

I booked a studio cabin since I don't plan on spending much time in the room, and the lounge with singles event planning sounded like a lot of fun.

Taking my first single/solo cruise on Norwegian Getaway the week of Nov. 22 -- looking forward to it!

I booked a studio cabin since I don't plan on spending much time in the room, and the lounge with singles event planning sounded like a lot of fun.

Hi jethro_jdm, you will love the studio cabin and lounge, I did my first solo on Breakaway last August will be back in a couple of weeks. Enjoy!

My first solo cruise is on Allure on Nov. 30th. Anyone else going on that one?

I was on the 8/31 Allure cruise. There is so much to do, your head spins. One tip-look ahead at the entertainment you want to attend and reserve tickets for those events, like plays and ice shows,

One more tip-Go to DAZZLE when there is a live band. It's HOT!!

Rick

My 10/31/15 NCL Getaway cruise has been changed to an 11/14/15 NCL Escape cruise, due to NCL deciding to turn the 10/31/15 cruise into a 12-day Southern rather than a 7-day Eastern. However, they have made me a very happy girl with how they've handled the change.

I won't be in a studio (which is what I had booked on the Getaway), but they gave me an inside room for the rate I had booked the Getaway studio (yes, without any solo supplement!)...and gave me some on board credit! I'm thrilled. :D

Anyway... anyone going on the inaugural NCL Escape cruise from Miami on November 14, 2015? :D

I know! My luck usually sucks! So I was very happy with this outcome. :)

I was a little disappointed at first (I was sooo looking forward to seeing Legally Blonde :( ), but I can always sail on the Getaway some other time (probably not until 2016 or so, but I'll get there eventually). lol

Btw, the only reason they gave me an inside was because all of the studios on that cruise were booked. And since they were the one canceling the cruise and not me, I guess they figured putting me in the next category up would be fair. I agree with that. lol

Hi all,

After reading all the posting from solo travelers I am so glad I decided to give it a chance.

After ending a long relationship a few months ago(turns out it was for the best and we even still occasionally talk) I was afraid I would never have another cruise companion. Then it hit me,, I AM MY OWN COMPANION. I have a trip booked for Jan and April of 2015 which i'm very excited for. Although it will be different and i'll have to definately work on my 'reaching out to others' skills,(I tend to be rather introverted) I'm anticipating a whole new way of experiencing cruising.

It really does feel liberating to know i'm doing something I want to do with just myself, and how things turn out is squarely on my shoulders :D

Patty

Hi all,

After reading all the posting from solo travelers I am so glad I decided to give it a chance.

After ending a long relationship a few months ago(turns out it was for the best and we even still occasionally talk) I was afraid I would never have another cruise companion. Then it hit me,, I AM MY OWN COMPANION. I have a trip booked for Jan and April of 2015 which i'm very excited for. Although it will be different and i'll have to definately work on my 'reaching out to others' skills,(I tend to be rather introverted) I'm anticipating a whole new way of experiencing cruising.

It really does feel liberating to know i'm doing something I want to do with just myself, and how things turn out is squarely on my shoulders :D

Patty

Patty, I hear you. Been there, done that. My relationship broke up 10 years ago and we still keep in touch. He still cruises -- a LOT more than I do. I just make sure I'm never on the same ship! :eek:

My 2 upcoming cruises are both solo. I've sailed with family and girlfriends to avoid the single supplement, but I actually have a MUCH better time and meet a lot more nice people when I sail alone.

Just go out there, girl, and do your own thing. You've got the right attitude. You'll find your cruising groove in no time. :)

I have a balcony room all to myself on this cruise. Sounds good to me. I am not looking to meet a guy, just meet nice people and have fun. Too many people looking to "hook up" without knowing the other persons background. If I meet someone to dance with, OK. This is so exciting being all alone for the first time. My boyfriend is driving me to the cruise bus. He is a good guy.

Hi all,

Patty

Hi Patty,

Great that you are confident and doing your own things. I also am introverted and have a difficult time putting myself out there. I stopped cruising for awhile because of the dining stuff and being uncomfortable. I leave this month on a 12 night cruise with a positive attitude. Enjoy yourself and seem happiness for yourself.

I'm going solo on my very first cruise in February. As an introvert I usually keep to myself. I think of this cruise as a safe way for me to grow and expand my comfort zone. As I get closer to the cruise date I realize I'm excited to explore, meet people and have the vacation I've always dreamed of. It's cool because the only one I have to make happy is me. :).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app