Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Did u hv much extra to pay? did you go thru ncl for studio would love to do solo next year!

I paid the studio price which was about 200 more then if I had a double occupancy room with 2 people it would have been about 600 each for inside room so if I booked as a single in these rooms it was about 1200 so for a studio I paid about 800 then taxes :)

Hi! My name is Mike. I'm a straight guy in my late 20's from the Boston area. This is my first cruise and I'm wicked excited for the trip!

If anyone else on the thread has done the trip, what do you recommend? Is anyone on the same cruise?

Sailing Solo on the NCL Dawn 12 Day Repo. cruise from New Orleans to Boston April 19th - May 1st 2015

Also, Carnival Conquest 7 day Eastern Caribbean, October 26th - November 2nd. 2014

And Carnival Conquest 7 day Western Caribbean, November 2nd - November 9th, 2014

Looking forward to meeting other solo cruisers.:)

MLSA, I will be going on the 16th! I started with a studio, but then I noticed the price went down and for $30.00 I was able to get an inside. That should give me a little more room (bringing scooter and oxygen).

I am going guarantee with taking the chance of a possible upgrade.

If you want to stay in your cabin, check out the going price from what you paid and they should adjust it or you can change cabin category.

Hi, I am 37 single female, sailing solo on the Carnival Conquest November 9th, 2014. I sure hope there will be other solo singles.

Hey I am getting off the Conquest (Oct 25 sailing) on Nov 1st. We were pretty close to being on the same cruise.

I am a married 50ish female with a spouse that won't cruise and a cruise buddy that go with me as much as I want to cruise. LOL

Edited by tbbtravels

I put a separate thread in but no response, so thought I'd try here. I'm going on NCL Breakaway to Bermuda 8/24. anyone else going? My travel buddy had to cancel, so it'll be my 1st time solo. wondering if any other solo cruisers on the board will be on that trip...diane

I did try the roll call for my sailing but it's not very active and I haven't found anyone in particular. I did find a few people going on the cruise so that's good. thanks.

I checked that sail date on NCL.com and according to them all the studio cabins are sold out! So that means you will definitely meet other solos on this cruise.:)

I did try the roll call for my sailing but it's not very active and I haven't found anyone in particular. I did find a few people going on the cruise so that's good. thanks.

If you're not in a solo cabin you can still get inside of the lounge area to meet others. You just can't be shy. Just knock on the door or wait for someone who's going in. I went in several times on my 12 day cruise and sat at the bar. Go in and find out what the dinner plans are of any other solo activities. I was staying in one of the Huge Aft Cabins on deck 9 and didn't want to give it up for a studio. I did know of two people from the roll call who were in studio cabins but I was never with them when I entered.