Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Going on the Caribbean Princess Dec. 27th for a 3 day cruise solo. Looking forward to a quiet relaxing time with the short itinerary. A beach day and a day at sea.

I'm also booked on the Queen of the Mississippi departing Oct. 25th from New Orleans. A 'bucket list' trip.

Going on my first solo cruise, will be going to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. Looking forward to having a balcony all to myself :-)

Sounds like you will have a great time! Have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got a price under $600 for a 1A cabin, verandah deck on the 10/12/14 Carnival Conquest to Half Moon Bay, Grand Turk, San Juan and St Thomas. Booked over the w/e on major independent site, not Carnival. A few airline sites had same fare too.

Same 1A no supplement fare for my booked 12/13/14 8 night Carnival Freedom, going to St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Hey Bob, are these 1A no supplement and low fares you are finding now common in your opinion. I remember you said you have cruised a bunch solo.

Most of the no supplement fares that I see now are on Carnival, and seem limited to the 1A cabin category. I stopped sailing Carnival after they put in the double price (200%) supplement - increased from the 150%, which I used a lot earlier. If Carnival fills these 1A cabins @ the 200% rate, we won't see the no supplement fare at all. So I'm grabbing what I can while it's available. I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future, and let's face it, neither did Carnival. By upping the price from 150% to 200% they lost some business, and are struggling to get it back at these reduced rates.

NCL Epic and Getaway have the studio cabins, which are nice for soloes and they have somewhat lower fares than a regular inside.

What's the longest solo that you guys have done? Are you ready to get off the ship after a long one? Or did it sail by?

Hi,:) are you just asking in general to anyone who wants to answer?

I have been on a 10 nighter with 2 nights pre-cruise. So basically 2

weeks off work.

Was I ready to get off the ship? NO......I love to cruise and if I was

retired and had the money I could do a world cruise and would never

get tired of it.

Hi,:) are you just asking in general to anyone who wants to answer?

I have been on a 10 nighter with 2 nights pre-cruise. So basically 2

weeks off work.

Was I ready to get off the ship? NO......I love to cruise and if I was

retired and had the money I could do a world cruise and would never

get tired of it.

Thanks! I am looking into a back2back in Oct. That would be 2 @ 7 nights and 1 hotel night precruise. Seems like a lot in black and white was just wondering if was too much. I normally blink and the cruise is over so I was wondering if some get bored or tired of it.

Now I am having trouble trying to find the same room on 2 cruises. Met some ladies on our last cruise that were doing a back to back and they got to leave their luggage in their room. Just go off for customs and said they got right back on. That's sounds appealing to me.

Edited by tbbtravels

Thanks! I am looking into a back2back in Oct. That would be 2 @ 7 night and was just wondering if was too much. I normally blink and the cruise is over so I was wondering if some get bored or tired of it.

Now I am having trouble trying to find the same room on 2 cruises. Met some ladies on our last cruise that were doing a back to back and they got to leave their luggage in their room. Just go off for customs and said they got right back on. That's sounds appealing to me.

Hi again, I was wrong, I have done a b2b...a short one (3 nights) followed

by an 8 nighter...so 11 nights. I didn't end up with same cabin but I was

was only about 6 cabins down. I moved everything to the new cabin

very quickly. If you have to move from one deck to another, just talk

to your cabin attendant. They are usually very helpful.

As for beting bored? I am NEVER bored on a cruise......would love

to a longer b2b:D

What's the longest solo that you guys have done? Are you ready to get off the ship after a long one? Or did it sail by?

I've been on two repositioning transatlantic cruises lasting 15 days each - One on MSC & one on RCCL. Loved both, and would like to try a 30 day cruise. I've been solo on six cruises, and have a balcony booked on the Carnival Freedom 8 day on 8/3/2014. It was only $898 for my own balcony.

Jim

I've done 2 solo transatlantics, and my longest cruise solo was 30 days round south America. it did go by fast and no, I wasn't ready to get off. we had a great roll call and really got to know people well.

this October, I am on the sapphire princess for 25 days in asia. this will be a different experience I think as the majority of the passengers will be locals. there is hardly anyone on the roll call, so I am going to muddle my way through and enjoy the cultural experience.

I've been on two repositioning transatlantic cruises lasting 15 days each - One on MSC & one on RCCL. Loved both, and would like to try a 30 day cruise. I've been solo on six cruises, and have a balcony booked on the Carnival Freedom 8 day on 8/3/2014. It was only $898 for my own balcony.

Jim

Wow! Nice!

Oh' date=' MAN, Cdngirl! How I ENVY you! I just returned from my first cruise ever to Alsaka and Victoria, BC. I had never been either place, and I went solo. It was WONDERFUL!!![/quote']

were you on one of the ships that only stops here in the evening? its better than not at all but its a shame you can't see more of victoria. and alaska is a trip I've done a few times, it never gets old.

good for you going solo on your first cruise! my first solo cruise was not my first cruise so I knew what I was getting into. I am ready to go NOW!

were you on one of the ships that only stops here in the evening? its better than not at all but its a shame you can't see more of victoria. and alaska is a trip I've done a few times, it never gets old.

good for you going solo on your first cruise! my first solo cruise was not my first cruise so I knew what I was getting into. I am ready to go NOW!

Actually, the cruise ended in Vancouver, where I extended my stay for 2 1/2 extra days, spending one full day in Victoria, seeing the wonderful Buchart Gardens. I didn't have as much time to spend in Vancouver, as would have liked.

And I am DEFINATELY going back to Alaska. 'Probably next summer.

14 days Canada and New England (overnight at Quebec). Like other posters, I'm never ready for a cruise to end. I'm doing same ship, almost same itinerary in Sep 2014. (I live in driving distance of that departure port.)

Now, I'm dreaming of 30 or more days. That might be a bit long! Those possibilities leave from more southerly ports, so packing to pass airline weight restrictions would be a challenge!

I'm a great packer. unfortunately that means my suitcase risks being overweight.

I get 2 (two....TWO!) free bags on my next trip. the difficulty is that I'm not sure I can manage 2 (two...you get the idea :p) suitcases as I usually end up sprinting through a connecting airport no matter how much time I give myself.

14 days Canada and New England (overnight at Quebec). Like other posters, I'm never ready for a cruise to end. I'm doing same ship, almost same itinerary in Sep 2014. (I live in driving distance of that departure port.)

Now, I'm dreaming of 30 or more days. That might be a bit long! Those possibilities leave from more southerly ports, so packing to pass airline weight restrictions would be a challenge!

Thanks, that's what I am thinking too.

I am never ready to get off the ship - well there was that one time I went with a kill joy - but that was an exception.

I am dreaming of 4 cruises back to back now. Prices really went down on this 1/2 year sale.

Packing - think I am just gonna pack for my 8 day. Then I am taking some detergent and washing a load. At least I think I am.

Edited by tbbtravels

Thanks, that's what I am thinking too.

I am never ready to get off the ship - well there was that one time I went with a kill joy - but that was an exception.

I am dreaming of 4 cruises back to back now. Prices really went down on this 1/2 year sale.

Packing - think I am just gonna pack for my 8 day. Then I am taking some detergent and washing a load. At least I think I am.

Hi, tbbtravels

Prices really went down on which cruise line?

Thanks